Super Cat
Purraise
Please all, if anyone reading lives in/near Solano, CA, I have
an urgent request for some assistance.

I lost my cat Mee Mee in June from Leesburgb VA. When she disappeared
there were moving vans in the area. We didn't know if she
might have gotten on them, and we have NO idea where those
vans went.

Fast forward: I've searched high and low for months - done the whole 9 yards even to a pet detective. As you all know from my posts, I have only the best interests of cats at heart. I work with ferals in my area, have rescued and place in good homes over 18 cats at this point. I'm not a crank or crazy.

I've earned my angel wings

Anyway, I do a national search for black manx/bobtail DSH F's every week on petfinder - and of course there are NOT that many! I review all of the manx's that match my Mee Mee's description. Never find any - maybe I've seen 5 in 6 months?

Well.....Today I found one that matched photograhically EXACTLY
my missing Mee Mee. Because she wasn't chipped I can't prove it is her
or call up the shelter and ask she be scanned.

So long story short I need someone to go down to the Animal control where she is held, and try calling her by the name Mee Mee to see if she responds. She ALWAYS responded to that name, esp. when called by me or a female.

She has a couple of other traits i could id by - my purpose is to try to ascertain if it could be my kitty. Crazy as it sounds, I would fly there if I thought it was MY cat.

Even if it is NOT my kitty, in honor of my missing MeeMee I would like to assist this cat into a rescue group - so she can be placed in a loving furever home.

Can anyone out there help?

I am afraid the rescues out there and animal control think I am nuts or a crazy. So they are NOT answering my emails or even responding.

Please, someone, if you can help - do. I loved my Mee Mee dearly, and this little gal is SO like her - it seems fitting that I try to help her out, even though I am in VA and she is in CA!

PM if you think you can do something to help or have any suggestions ideas!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't live in CA, but I just wanted to wish you lots of luck in finding your kitty. I hope it is her! Sending lots of vibes your way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the offer! I have a bad idea of the geography of
CA so I don't know if you are near Solano Co. Its near the Bay area, north of the Bay area I think???!!

The lady at the shelter says Addie came in as a stray. It could be my gal - you never know. If someone went down and tried to see if she responded to
Mee Mee (her name) instead of Addie, we might know something more.

She had a belly scar, in addition to her spay scar, so if the belly were shaved
and a scar were found in the left of center, above the spay scar area,
that would be almost proof its her!

The shelter won't do any of that, though, much less try calling her by the name Mee Mee.

They think I'm nuts, but I've heard of cats getting in shipping containers and going across OCEANS for goodness sakes! So getting in a van and being
driven X country is NOT beyond reason.

PM if you want more info, and still feel like helping. I'm just hoping someone over there can / will go down and look her over.

She was placed in the shelter dec 10.

alyssa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmmm Bay area is rather far, but not horribly far.

Have you tried contacting solanoferals.org? They might have someone that is right there that would do it, if not, I can try.

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I live in Oakland and used to work in Solano County. I'm assuming that the shelter is in Vallejo or some city like that. I am willing to check your cat. Is she still there? PM and we'll work out the details. I can probably check it out tomorrow or Monday since I am not working.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Blast-Off-Girl

I live in Oakland and used to work in Solano County. I'm assuming that the shelter is in Vallejo or some city like that. I am willing to check your cat. Is she still there? PM and we'll work out the details. I can probably check it out tomorrow or Monday since I am not working.
Wow, that would be great if you are able to go see "Addie"!!!! Please let us know!
Also, I've never heard of Solano county, only Solana Beach, down by San Diego

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in Modesto but know someone in San Pablo and have family in the Bay Area. i can see if my Sister would do it. she likes going to the Pound.

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mews2much - thanks so much! She's not in danger of PTS SO FAR because they / shelter isn't full. But I worry I really do!

If someone could check, would ease my mind.

I currently have an English Bulldog found by co worker at her home in WVa - this dog is microchipped to a breeder in MN!!! Unfortunately, the chip doesn't track further - and breeder appears to be non existant now.
We are looking for
a good home and will find it, but I still think about the family she is missing and who might be missing her!

So there's the distinct possiblity Addie could be Mee Mee!! You just never
know. Then there was the cat with the chip from Chicago who a TCS
follwer found in CA!!

Anyway any help at all for Addie is appreciated. She looks so special from her photos and so precious. (But then I love the bobtails!)

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you know what Pound she is in there? I am trying to see if my Sister can go there. I wish I lived closer to there but its to far for me. Cats can go cross country it has happened before. I see someone from Oakland post and might help you. Oakland isnt to far from there. My Sister lives in San Francisco.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Siste that lives near me is trying to get ahold of our old Neighbors taht liv in Dixon now. Dixon is in Solano County. Can you find what Pound it is at.

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Solano County Shelter is listed as:

Solano County Animal Control & Shelter
2510 Claybank Rd.
Fairfield, CA 94533
(707) 421-7486

FROM PETFINDERS:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=9897334

From Pet Finders the description and ID number of Addie:

Animal: Cat
Breed: Domestic Short Hair-black, Manx
Sex: Female
Size: Medium
ID: A113914

Tragically she NO LONGER LISTED! I do not know if she is there, could
some call and verify?
if she's been PTS'd! Would LOVE to hear
she's been adopted.

Please, someone in CA can you do this??!!!