Almost had a heart attack

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I put advantage on my cat about an hour ago and apparently she could still get to it and lick it (I've never had that problem before) and she was slobbering all over the place. I had no idea what was wrong with her until I put two and two together. I called my vet and he said it's normal when they do that and she'll be okay, thank God. Poor kitty. Don't let that happen to your kitties!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I learned this the hard way, when it happened to one of my kitties a long time ago. Except it was Frontline and not advantage. It was pretty scary!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had it happen also, poor Pandy was foaming at the mouth!! I learned to put it up higher, like on the back of their head instead of neck

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness thanks for posting this! Ive never had this happen yet and I wouldn't want to find out the hard way too!

Im glad your baby is going to be alright!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liandre

Try having 2 cats where one washes the others head neck and face! ~~~Liandre
Since Mika sleeps with our daughter and Bijou sleeps with us, we do the treatment just before bedtime so the cats are separated until morning by which time it is all dry.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liandre

Try having 2 cats where one washes the others head neck and face! ~~~Liandre
I've had that happen too.
Geronimo has that habit of licking Winchester or Spencer's neck or head & ears, and starts running around with foam coming out of his mouth like a regular Cujo. But I think he's gotten smarter about it, and realizes he shouldn't do it after an application of Advantage..

I'm glad your furbaby didn't get into anything poisonous, and will be all right.

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

It has the same effect on people............

Never kiss your kitty after an application!
LOL did you learn that the hard way or did you hear about that somewhere?

I feel better knowing I haven't been the only person to experience this. She's her normal, hyper self today getting into all sorts of trouble

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Never kiss your kitty after an application!
EWW

I have a similar problem. Tomas sleeps with his face/head right up against the side of my face. The last time I applied a flea treatment to him I had to hold him down at waist level while going to sleep.

Luckily they're smart enough not to lick each others necks or heads when they smell that.

Glad to hear your kitty is ok, Fuzzles. Next time you'll know to put it higher and hopefully she won't be able to reach it.