TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › So what isn't causing global warming?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So what isn't causing global warming?

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
Having children is causing global warming.

Getting a divorce is causing global warming.

Well girls...if you think that James Bond in that sweet Astin Martin was hot, or Vin Diesel in The Fast and the Furious...well, that's causing global warming too. Yup, you heard me right. The idea of a "hot car" - not the actuality, the idea is causing global warming.

Seriously. Saw it on the news today.
post #2 of 21
huh...so brain farts have methane?

Everything...even if we stop existing, our non-existance would cause global warming.
post #3 of 21
My brain farts occasionally have methane - they're that rotten!
post #4 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
Everything...even if we stop existing, our non-existance would cause global warming.

and cancer. . .
post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
Having children is causing global warming.

Getting a divorce is causing global warming.

Well girls...if you think that James Bond in that sweet Astin Martin was hot, or Vin Diesel in The Fast and the Furious...well, that's causing global warming too. Yup, you heard me right. The idea of a "hot car" - not the actuality, the idea is causing global warming.

Seriously. Saw it on the news today.
The one i like was, FAT people are causing it.
but the real question is what is causing it on the other bodies in the solor system at the same time lol
post #6 of 21
so I wonder if my no children plus my divorce cancel each other out??
post #7 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
but the real question is what is causing it on the other bodies in the solor system at the same time lol
mini farts from the parasitic life forms
post #8 of 21
Well, according to the media, everything EXCEPT the Earth's natural cycles are "causing" global warming.

post #9 of 21
with all the things that are causing global warming, i'd think that my area of the globe would feel nice and toasty and not 40 degrees.

There may be global warming, but I think that part of this may be a natural warming cycle.
post #10 of 21
Awww, don't be so discouraged. Yes, lots of things contribute to global warming, but if we all do our best to help prevent what we can, then we at least know that we tried.
We can wear long johns and use warm bedding (with plenty of cats at our feet) to help eliminate heating costs (yes,the carbon footprint of a pet cat does cause global warming, but much, much less than does using heating oil or electricity - kinda like comparing getting hit by a toddler riding a hot wheel vs. getting nailed by a semi).
so let's do what we can to prevent global warming & have faith!!
post #11 of 21
Latest I read was that bottling bottle water was contributing to global warming.
post #12 of 21
This global warming thing has descended into the ridiculous.

I do NOT believe for one millisecond that the "carbon footprint of a cat" causes global warming. Or fat people or on and on and on and I think the more these idiot scientists say stuff like this the more us common folk will just ignore the entire subject.

Yes, we need to reduce fossil fuels BIG TIME but not because of global warming, because it is giving us all cancer.
post #13 of 21
Actually, I read a report that the carbon footprint of a cat in New York is larger than the carbon footprint of a human in Africa. This is not because of the cat, but because of the things that go into looking after a cat in the first world. Litter, tin cans of food, stuff like that. Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but it isn't - and can be explained. I'll see if I can find the article.

I think there is an element of panic going on about Global Warming, and that if you look at it, yeah, pretty much everything could contribute to it. This is not to say that we need to change everything we do. Carbon emissions and so forth aren't going to be as harmful to the environment in smaller amounts.

It's the BIG stuff - like cars, industry, manufacturing, mining - these things that need to be regulated and changed to help reduce emissions immensely. We, of course, all need to do our part, too, but because it's such a dire problem (and it is - this is not alarmism, it's just the truth) I think there is a lot of panic going on. Unfortunately it reduces the credibility of many arguments, and makes people go in the opposite direction - of ignoring it and calling it ridiculous - but the fact remains, our emissions as the human race (some countries - some STATES - are significantly worse than others) are causing huge environmental problems. And that needs to be changed, and fixed.
post #14 of 21
I agree with you Sarah.

If they would just admit that all the emissions and chemical in our food are giving us cancer as we all know it is true. But then they would HAVE to do something and they won't. It is very depressing.
You and I can do everything correctly and it won't change things if the big boys don't change.
post #15 of 21
People cause global warming. Well, maybe in that light, divorce is good for the planet.

Seriously, though, what I was thinking during the blizzard on Sunday was that if average wind speeds in storms pick up much more, there's going to be some pretty serious destruction starting in the not too-distant future. We can kid about it now, but climate change is going to have a profound impact on all our lives. I don't think there's anything that can be done to roll it back -- we don't even know how much impact what we're doing has -- but I think we need to do what we can to slow it down, so we have more time to deal with the changes. Even if we're wrong, the consequences of not doing anything are worse than the consequences of wasting our effort.
post #16 of 21
The sun burning hotter contributes to global warming.

Do poopin' goldfish contribute to global warming?
post #17 of 21
A blade of grass???? no wait - cows eat grass and produce "gas" from it, so who knows - and even if we all stop using things, breathing, etc. it won't just stop global warming - it will continue in one way or another....till the final destruction of earth.
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
People cause global warming. Well, maybe in that light, divorce is good for the planet.

Seriously, though, what I was thinking during the blizzard on Sunday was that if average wind speeds in storms pick up much more, there's going to be some pretty serious destruction starting in the not too-distant future. We can kid about it now, but climate change is going to have a profound impact on all our lives. I don't think there's anything that can be done to roll it back -- we don't even know how much impact what we're doing has -- but I think we need to do what we can to slow it down, so we have more time to deal with the changes. Even if we're wrong, the consequences of not doing anything are worse than the consequences of wasting our effort.
Well said!!!
post #19 of 21
Thread Starter 
In all seriousness, yes there are a lot of things that we can all actually DO to make a difference. And there are actual real BIG things that need to be addressed. But it is getting farsical when they say that the idea of something is contributing to global warming. A thought does not create a carbon emission! Me thinking that James Bond's car is a sweet ride (and it is!) does not mean that I'm actually going to go out and buy me an Astin Martin (like I could possibly afford one!), nor is my husband, nor is it going to make me drive any more or less, nor make me not consider buying a more fuel efficient (i.e. hybrid, alternative fuel) vehicle. Honestly, to make such a claim does take all of the wind out of the sails of the real argument that we do need to do something about our environment and our impact on it (regardless of how much it is contributing to the warming trend of the climate).
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
Well, according to the media, everything EXCEPT the Earth's natural cycles are "causing" global warming.

WORD...
post #21 of 21
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › So what isn't causing global warming?