Lower left abdominal pain. . .

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So for the past three or four days I have had relatively bad abdominal pain on my lower left. . . .

It hurts to walk (esp if my bladder is full) and it hurts to "try" to go to the bathroom. Not like pulled muscle ache, but pain. . .

Anyone have any suggestions?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Urinary tract infection? Although, mine was killing me the day I got it! I couldn't imagine 4 days later.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Its not a UTI I am very familiar with thise, and it does not burn to go to the batchroom, its like when I use the muscle in my abdomen. When I relax it. Aslo when I walk, esp when my bladder is full, it feels like it is pushing on something that hurts. . . Its weird. . . it started about 4 days ago and has not gone away. . .

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personal advice... go to the doctor. I had something that sounds similar and I ended up in the hospital for 4 days with a colon infection.
It was my day off and all week I'd been having pains in my lower left side like right by my bladder, if I pushed in on it it wouldn't hurt AS much, but would still hurt. I went to the doctor and he admitted me to the hospital right then.
They did all kinds of tests, thought it was an falopian tube pregnancy(can't remember what they called it), then a bladder infection, then ulcers, it was a mess. Finally they figured it was just a colon infection.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that is kind of scary. . . it is pretty much where you said though. Though its realy too "deep" to push on it. . . .

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If someone lightly punches your lower back, does it hurt?
If so it could be a kidney infection.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

If someone lightly punches your lower back, does it hurt?
If so it could be a kidney infection.
Yes Michele, that always hurts

I hope its nothing serious...sending vibes for you..keep us posted

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be a kidney stone too...sometimes it's a dull pain before it gets to the worst pain you have ever felt in your life...not trying to scare you but I've been through it more times than I want to remember. You should go to the Dr...they will take a urine test and see of there is blood in it and go from there...Good Luck

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
kidneys are on your back right? This pain is deffinatly foreward and lower than kidneys. . . or so it feels. . .

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NoRachelHere

kidneys are on your back right? This pain is deffinatly foreward and lower than kidneys. . . or so it feels. . .
Yes but my pain is always in the front with a kidney stone as the stone comes down the Urethra Oh God
...My Dh always gets bad lower back pain...Weird but that's how it happens to us anyway.
Only once did I have back pain with a stone! I hope it's not a kidney stone!!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NoRachelHere

Under the rib cage. It's best to see a doctor. You can have so many different things wrong and waiting will just make it worst.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like the tubal pregnancy i had, please go to a doctor asap.

kittee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Could be Colitis or IBS as well. Not sure which I have yet but during my CAT scan I had recently due to an auto accident, they asked me "Do you have bad stomach aches from time to time" me: "Why yes I do, real bad" Them:" Well your colon is really inflamed." I also have (not to be crude) "go problems" with this condition. If you have the same that might be a possibility.

I am setting up a doc appoint asap after the new years. ( Could not get in before then. )

So I would suggest seeing your doctor. It can also be an appendicitis just presenting itself on the left side but that is really rare (not to scare you.)

If it gets to hurting severely or if you start to run a fever even consider the ER.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be tubal pregnancy, ovarian cysts, or (this is a long shot here...) appendicitis - some people have it on the left instead of the right. Pain there could also be due to colon problems like diverticulitis. Probably best to get it checked out.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
have you tried www.webmd.com yet? I know that wasnt of much help but anytime Im expierencing something and am curious as to what it might be I start there its got a lot of useful interesting information...Somethinge else you can try is if it feels warm in the area where you are hurting you can apply cold to it for about 15 minutes every 2 hours and if it feels cool where you are hurting you can apply warm to it for about 15 minutes every 2 hours. Take tylonel reg strength(safe for pregnancy) or anything else that you can take if you are not pregnant.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nobody is going to accurately diagnose you over the internet...you need to see a doctor!
If there is truly something wrong, the worse thing you can do is delay treatment.