Injured Leg- Help please! :(

mishkas mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When i came home from work Mishka was FINE, playing and jumping like usual... i changed clothes, came back downstairs, and all the sudden she is not putting any weight on her hind leg!!
What could have possibly happened in that amount of time? SHe is still running around, but kind of only touching the tip toe down on that leg...
i'm worried to death.... has this ever happened to any of you? She does not act like she is in pain... should i just wait and see if it straightens itself out by morning, or do i need to get her to a vet right now?????

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you see if she'll let you examine her foot? She could have stepped on something and gotten it stuck between her toes--litter is a pretty common culprit for that. I would make an appointment in the morning, but watch her carefully for changes in eating, drinking or using the litterbox. If anything else changes, call the ER vet and get their opinion.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Scarlett jumped off of a table and dislocated her knee just recently. She also held it up and wouldn't put weight on it. We waited until the morning to take her to the vet just to make sure that it wasn't a very temporary thing. If your baby is running around, check her feet to make sure she doesn't have anything lodged in between her toes. If she continues to limp tomorrow, get her to a vet.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

My Scarlett jumped off of a table and dislocated her knee just recently. She also held it up and wouldn't put weight on it. We waited until the morning to take her to the vet just to make sure that it wasn't a very temporary thing. If your baby is running around, check her feet to make sure she doesn't have anything lodged in between her toes. If she continues to limp tomorrow, get her to a vet.
Ditto... I have a dog with knee cap issues ,Kandie had arthritis ... someone was constantly limping and the vet said if it persists for over a day bring them in

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mishkas mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, she woke up from a nap late last night and her leg was back to normal!
I am so releived... i stayed up until 1am waiting for her to wake up so i could see if it was any better/worse.
Thank you all for your responses!