ARGH! Iams changed their canned formula

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I FINALLY found something Stimpy likes, Iams Chicken Entree, and it had NO by-products. And I just went to their website--they've changed all their formulas! Everything has by-products again.

Do you know how long it took to find something Stimpy liked?

So if anyone has some recommendations (chicken pate seems to be his favorite), I'd appreciate it. In addition to Petsmart & Petco, we have a store that sells:

Active Life™
Avo Derm™
Breeders Choice™
California Natural™
Canidae™
Felidae™
Eagle™
Evanger's™
Fromm Four Star™
Innova™
Merrick™
Natural Balance™
Nature's Variety™
Nutri-Source™
Pinnacle™
Precise Plus
Solid Gold™
Wellness™
that store also has Tiki Cat, but he's not a fish fan.

ETA-oops, forgot to mention I'm talking about canned.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought something was going on. Last month Petco was out of their food saying Iams was behind on production on something.

I have senior kitties and was recommended Nutro, Innova, Felidea &Chicken soup by Sharky.

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really like Merrick. My finicky cat doesn't like Wellness or Evanger's, but she'll eat Merrick. We feed it to our 16 year old lab, too, and he's really doing well for a dog that age.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I thought something was going on. Last month Petco was out of their food saying Iams was behind on production on something.

I have senior kitties and was recommended Nutro, Innova, Felidea &Chicken soup by Sharky.
Thanks, I'll have to get to the specialty store on Saturday. He doesn't like Nutro wet at all since the new productions started. We haven't tried Innova or Felidae. I think it's been ages since we tried Chicken Soup so we could give that a try again too.

Originally Posted by Isabel

I really like Merrick. My finicky cat doesn't like Wellness or Evanger's, but she'll eat Merrick. We feed it to our 16 year old lab, too, and he's really doing well for a dog that age.
Stimpy doesn't like Merrick.
It's too soupy for him.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can, get a few cans of several and see which one(s) the kitties will eat. My boys won't touch Felidae, especially the chicken and rice, but they really like the Avoderm. Sometimes they like the Evanger's, but sometimes they don't. They usually eat the Innova, but sometimes they don't finish it. I also give them Natural Balance, but they vary on whether they will finish it all or whether they will hold out for dry food. If it were me, I'd try the Avoderm chicken, Innova, Natural Balance Chicken and Liver Pate, and the Precise chicken.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I suggest trying any chicken pate... cant help as I have a red meat and fish eater

nutro
natural balance
avoderm
felidea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

If it were me, I'd try the Avoderm chicken, Innova, Natural Balance Chicken and Liver Pate, and the Precise chicken.
Originally Posted by sharky

I suggest trying any chicken pate... cant help as I have a red meat and fish eater

nutro
natural balance
avoderm
felidea
Thanks.
Thank goodness the specialty store carries all of those. I'd be annoyed if I had to go all the way over to Petco for the NB.

jencat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine love Avoderm Chicken. It smells fishy though so if your cat doesn't like fish he may not go for it. California Natural Chicken, Felidae Chicken and Rice, precise chicken, and Natural Balance Chicken and Liver pate have gone over well with 2 of my cats as well. The Wellness chicken was not popular but the chicken and herring and chicken and lobster are with mine.

efrost6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kittie likes almost any wet that we feed him. Now, we're on a rotation program with Evanger's, Wellness, Felidae, and Eagle Pack. We tried Innova, but it gave him diarrhea. These things are different for every cat, of course.

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

Stimpy doesn't like Merrick.
It's too soupy for him.
I've noticed that with certain Merrick varieties. I've gotten cans home that seem more like soup than any sort of solid food (I also had one leak in the back of my car...the worst smell ever, ugh) so now I shake (and check for leaks) each and every can. If it feels solid I take it, if it is too liquidy I put it back.

I try other brands too, but miss finicky turns up her nose at most.