She has had a cast on her front leg for 6 weeks and the vet says that it isn't healing and we have some decisions to make. Orthopedic surgery $2,000, another 6 weeks of cast $300 or euthanasia. If we go for the surgery she has to be confined in a cage for 6 weeks. I think she will be a basket case! Has anyone else had a cat or known of a cat with a broken leg? It is her front one, between elbow and foot, both bones snapped. I worry that she has brittle bones -- I think she did it jumping from a very low roof. She has been very good with her cast so far but if it isn't healing....I'd love some advice, it's a very difficult decision.
post #1 of 17
12/20/07 at 2:39pm