TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Oh, Oh, Bad News for Hillary
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oh, Oh, Bad News for Hillary

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
Her brother is a Deadbeat Dad, BIG-TIME.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12202007...eat_514395.htm


Her brother was married to Barbara Boxer's daughter.

I know this is not a reflection on Hillary but, dang, how embarrassing for her.
post #2 of 23
They're digging deep to discredit her, aren't they? The other day I saw where Rush was picking on her when someone published a picture of her looking rather old, raising the question, do we want an old hag for a president?

And the swiftboating will continue.......
post #3 of 23
It's pretty sad when something like that is considered political news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofmany View Post
They're digging deep to discredit her, aren't they? The other day I saw where Rush was picking on her when someone published a picture of her looking rather old, raising the question, do we want an old hag for a president?
That's REALLY low. And unbelievably sexist. (no one would make a comment like that about a man her age running for president)
post #4 of 23
I really could care less what a candidate's family member is doing. I am not voting for a candidate's brother's daughter's third cousin, I am voting for the candidate.
post #5 of 23
Ah yes... I always look forward to the annual airing of the dirty family laundry of the candidates.

My bet is that one of the candidates kids does something really dumb like gets a DUI in the next year. That will make for great tabloid fodder.
post #6 of 23
Thread Starter 
In all fairness, I read his little article about that on his website and that is NOT what he was saying.

He was talking about how much being POTUS ages one, which is true.
Then he was talking about how Americans really cap on women as they age more than men, which is also true. Americans are pretty shallow when it comes to looks, no denying that.

I could maybe find you the link if you REALLY want to read Rush's article.
post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I could maybe find you the link if you REALLY want to read Rush's article.
No thanks - I saw a snipet of his remarks on MSNBC the other night and had enough of it.
post #9 of 23
Thread Starter 
Of course, a, taken out of context comment. That is the way to get the entire story. So typical for MSNBC.

I think in the picture Hillary does look tired. Can we even imagine the toll of campaigning? I can't
Why anyone would even want to be POTUS is beyond me, what a totally thankless job it is, no matter who you are.
post #10 of 23
Thread Starter 
Now they are after McCain.
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Now they are after McCain.
Well, it goes to show you that it takes incredible courage to run for President.
I gave up following Hillary when I read some of the comments she made while trying to capture the women's vote, such as that it takes her longer for her to get ready than her opponents cuz she has to put on make-up So, if she wants to take that tack, IMO she's opening herself up for criticism pertaining to her female attractiveness.
But it's ridiculous to consider looks anyway, we're choosing our commander-in-chief who get the power to veto what our Congress passes, not Homecoming Queen or a showgirl
post #12 of 23
I just wish that ONE election would be where all the candidates would not bash each other negatively but really tell you where they stand on the issues and what they want to do.

Don't you think the public deserves more of that then trying to put down your opponent??? People would make up their minds pretty quickly on who to really vote for.

Instead we have to sort thru the stuff to find the truth!

Now they are attacking Huckabee because of a simple Christmas message......geez!
post #13 of 23
One of my sister's is a deadbeat- she is probably one of the worst moms i know- into everything bad. Her ex has custody of the kids (and i am next in line to adopt them if anything happens.) I am estranged from her- i have nothing to do with her because i don't believe in the choices she's made and the bad things she's got into- and she is not taking any steps to change for the better and acknowledge she has a problem.

Yet that one sister doesn't define who i am or what i am capable of. I am not voting for Hillary- i disagree with her on too many issues politically, however i will certainly not be passing judgement on her based on what her brother did. Her brother is not her- and he does not think, act, or make decisions like her- she is unique and capable of doing things her own way just like anyone else is. Just because a person has a crummy family member does not make that person bad or mean they could not be a bad leader. I hope this publicity about her brother doesn't have too much effect on what she is trying to accomplish/ do to better herself- she should be proud of what she's done in her life and not let the negativity about her brother affect her.

Just because someone is related to a bad/crummy person does not mean that they are bad. I'd rather judge her based on what she's done and her track record than based on who she is related to. I won't be voting for her, but i do wish her the best of luck in persuing her dreams just as with everyone else.
post #14 of 23
As I recall it, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush have/had "problematic brothers". All three became President.
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
Now they are attacking Huckabee because of a simple Christmas message......geez!
Which is completely different because it is an official campaign ad, paid for with campaign funds. There isn't fairer game in all of politics.

Because everyone knows that "what really matters is celebrating the birth of Christ".

Obvious pandering is obvious. I don't know why people don't see through that.
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
I just wish that ONE election would be where all the candidates would not bash each other negatively but really tell you where they stand on the issues and what they want to do.

Don't you think the public deserves more of that then trying to put down your opponent??? People would make up their minds pretty quickly on who to really vote for.

Instead we have to sort thru the stuff to find the truth!

Now they are attacking Huckabee because of a simple Christmas message......geez!
I completely agree. I love it when a Republican does something stupid and hate it when a Democrat does. Most of all, though, I wish I could grow up and be smarter about how I react to news like this.
post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Her brother is a Deadbeat Dad, BIG-TIME.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12202007...eat_514395.htm


Her brother was married to Barbara Boxer's daughter.

I know this is not a reflection on Hillary but, dang, how embarrassing for her.
lol they could dig up enough real life dirt on her, they dont need to dig up stuff on her family..
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
As I recall it, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush have/had "problematic brothers". All three became President.
Furthermore, Hillary is not responsible for her brother. He is an adult.
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
As I recall it, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush have/had "problematic brothers". All three became President.
I have THREE idiot brothers (one's in jail, right now) but that doesn't reflect on ME.
post #20 of 23
This is a good example of why I can't stand politics and don't pay much attention to it.

It's all a game of numbers. Do anything and say anything in order to win. Once you're in, you do and say anything to the people in order to stay in, all the while donig something else behind the scenes.
post #21 of 23
I hate this kinds of political CRAP! Why do people have to dig this stuff up, like it really matters
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Of course, a, taken out of context comment. That is the way to get the entire story.
But....but..... that is exactly what you did in the whole Golden Compass argument. A lot of damage can be done through taking comments out of context, and a lot of people influenced wrongly.
post #23 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofmany View Post
No thanks - I saw a snipet of his remarks on MSNBC the other night and had enough of it.
I can remember being a tad bit reprimanded by some for not reading links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva! View Post
But....but..... that is exactly what you did in the whole Golden Compass argument. A lot of damage can be done through taking comments out of context, and a lot of people influenced wrongly.
No, that isn't what I did.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Oh, Oh, Bad News for Hillary