Prayers and vibes for my Grandma please?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know I haven't been on much, and I feel bad for asking. I wouldn't except that this is a pretty bad situation.

My grandmother is in the hospital. They thought it was just (yeah..."just") and electrolyte deficiency, but when they got that taken care of they found that she's having memory issues. They brought in a neurologist and with the MRI found that there is a part of the brain that wasn't getting enough blood.
Today she didn't even remember her daughter, which broke my aunt's heart. They are also doing treatment for a herpes simplex, which they said is a very serious condition. (I'm getting information from both of my aunts, and both are saying different things, I think from being at the hospital or talking to Grandpa at different times, him having different updates.) With the treatment for herpes simplex, they said if it works, she'll have a turnaround within 24 hours. They are facing some serious decisions, though, of if she can come home (my grandparents live in an Assisted Living community) or if she needs to be placed in a nursing home. My aunt (VERY close to Grandma) said that it may be time to say goodbye.

I know everyone's Grandparents are special. And none of us want to say goodbye, ever. But there is something that my sister and I didn't get to, that I would be haunted by forever. My mother passed away almost 8 years ago, and we just went through all of her things this year, after Dad got re-married. We had decided that there was SO many special things, especially jewelry that we remember her wearing, that we wanted to go through everything again and choose some special things to send to her family. We haven't done that yet. I know that it would mean so much to everyone to have those things, and especially to Grandma to have something that was so close to her oldest daughter's heart (my mother).

Please, please let Grandma regain her capacities, and be healthy again. They have both always been so healthy and "there". She's 90 and she and Grandpa just celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary. I know she's led a rich life, and I shouldn't be selfish. But I really want to see, to talk to, to write to MY grandmother again...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, hugs Heidi.
I hope she makes a turnaround - it's a hard time of year for everything, not to mention having a serious illness.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear your sad news.
I hope that everything turns out for the best.

~KK~

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OOOOO, Heidi!
Sending lots of for your Grandma, and all the family.
that she has a good turnaround, and is back to herself quickly.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh hon my prayers are with you!!!
And with all of your family!

My Grandparent's have had a decline in their health the past few years and I know it's just devastated me (1 with dementia/personality change from a stroke, 2 with Alzheimer's) to see them that way and to think of loosing them. Now I just feel blessed that none of them have reached the stage where they don't remember who is who yet.

Please keep us updated!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Heidi
Sending many vibes that she has a fast turnaround and you will be able to sit down and talk.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending many vibes and prayers for you grandma and for your family. A few years ago, my grandfather went in the hospital because he was losing coordination and was confused. It was because he was dehydrated (low electrolytes) and after a few days on IV therapy he was much better. I'm hoping that is all that is wrong with your grandma. Keep us posted.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heidi, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma

Sending many healthy vibes to her

to you

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what a sad new...
..I´m so sorry for her dear Heidi...
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
for her!

and a big hug to you

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear about this Heidi. Keeping you and grandma in my prayers

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Tons of For your Grandma!
She & your family are in our thoughts & prayers

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your Grandma and Grandpa have been married for 70 years...
that is a wonderful love story Heidi.

I am keeping your dear Grandma and her loving family close to my heart .

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Heidi I am so sorry your family is going through this.

I will send many many vibes for your Grandma.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear. for your grandmother to get better and make a nice turn around.