Two cats

wildfire203

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi My husband and I are looking to get a Somali kitten and we we're thinking about buying two from the same litter but we are not sure if it would be better to get 2 male, 2 females or 1 male and 1 female. Does anyone have some information on this?

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think gender will matter much since they are from the same litter and are the same age, but male-female is supposed to be the 'easiest' combo. Two kittens are definitely better than just one, they can play with eachother and keep eachother company.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it matters, just make sure both are spayed/neutered

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as both kittens are fixed before you get them, it won't matter that much what combo in litter mates.

You especially need to be concerned with a M/F combo if they are not fixed - kittens as young as 4-5 months old can and do breed - so if they are not spayed/neutered, then you risk the possibility of the brother getting the sister pregnant at a young age.

Personlly, I like males better and would go for a M/M combo

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

I don't think it matters, just make sure both are spayed/neutered
this is very true, and if you do get a male and a female, make sure they are neutered/spayed before bringing them home (otherwise you can wait until about 6 months, depending on when your vet wants to do it of coursed).

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think it matters in the slightest.
It's so great that you're getting two from the same litter!
It's lots easier on you too since they will be able to keep each other company and entertained when you're not home.