What A Bummer!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was all excited this year regarding Christmas cards, b/c I thought I was gonna be able to make my own and print them out on the computer.
But alas, it's not gonna happen.
Our old printer is shot, and the new Wal-Mart "special" that we got for only $25.00 isn't working properly: the scanner and everything else works just fine, but the printer doesn't - and we even put in a new ink cartridge. I guess I should have known that there'd be something wrong with it, considering it only cost $25.00...

You get what you pay for I guess..

~KK~

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that's ridiculous! Whether it's $100 or $1000, you are still paying for something to work and at least have some sort of life

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would try to return the new one that's not working properly for a refund.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

Can't you return the printer to Walmart for a replacement? It is broken.
I considered it, but where are you gonna get a scanner/printer/copier for only $25.00??
It's still a good deal, considering all that you get. The printer does work, but it's poor quality - definitely no good for Christmas cards or printing out pics..

I think we'll just have to find a printer somewhere that doesn't cost too much when we get a few extra bucks, that we can add on to the scanner. We'll still come out ahead.

I just thought it would be cool to do my own cards, but now it's too late. We did end up buying some, but at this late date, there's nothing but junky ones left..

Oh well - there's always next year!

~KK~

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
RETURN IT //// Walmart is great about that

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not many white goods has a life anymore. I had an old Epson printer which I dropped whilst moving house, it had given me four years of trouble free printing. It was replaced on the insurance by a similar product which was an HP printer. That died just after 13 months of light use. After speaking to HP there was no way they were going to do anything about it, even after explaining to them that they advertise the life expectancy of that particular model to be three years printing at so many hundred pages a month. I have since gone back to an Epson. What was HP`s motto? Oh yeh, HP Invent. IMO the only thing they invent is Crap!! But as mentioned some most of these cheap printers and ones that are so called bundled in with a new PC are not going to be up to the task.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

RETURN IT //// Walmart is great about that
How well I know that! I used to work there, and I couldn't believe the stuff they took back!
Even stuff they didn't even sell..

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Have you tried using the best quality shiny paper?
Yes; it didn't make any difference.

Of course now we don't even have the computer, so it makes even less of a difference..

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by u8myufo

What was HP`s motto? Oh yeh, HP Invent. IMO the only thing they invent is Crap!!
Well, I don't know how true that really is, but that's what we have for a computer (HP) - or should I say we DID have up until today..

~KK~

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Walmart can take everything back except the ink cartrige! If the ink cartrige has the pull tab off of it you just ate the cost!