What's for dinner?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Since I have most of the Christmas chores out of the way, I am cooking a decent meal instead of a fast meal tonight.

I made Mika's cheesy chicken breasts AKA Yosemite Chicken. Fran, you put the idea in my head.
I added some garlic and broccoli to the recipe. I also made some homemade macaroni and cheese. Yes, cholesterol city.

What are you having?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can we come to your place, Karen? I know Rob would be in favour!

Given the travel time involved, though, I guess I'd better count on cooking at home. It won't be as exciting, but we do enjoy maple pork sausages, garlic mash and broccoli.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put a Swiss Steak in the crock pot this morning, so that's what we're having. (BTW: my nomination for best new invention: crock pot liners!!)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

I put a Swiss Steak in the crock pot this morning, so that's what we're having. (BTW: my nomination for best new invention: crock pot liners!!)
I really need to get some of those!!

Tonight John is working late so I'm making myself a chicken breast & some hashbrowns, nothing special

Karen, I'm coming to your place for dinner, are there leftovers?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
There are plenty of leftovers. You can all come over.

I have to try those crockpot liners myself.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Karen, I have been meaning to make that recipe...it's on my to do list!

We had a weird dinner I made Bluecheese and bacon/toasted almond dip it's SO GOOD and I got pita bread cut it in triangles and heated them in the oven and we used them instead of crackers and had some wine...weird dinner but delicious

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making country pork ribs. Oh man do they look good! I went shopping at an environmentally friendly food store and I found free rang pork/beef/lamb/chicken you name it. I'm guessing this meat is going to be amazinging good and I can't wait to try it!!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since Jenny came home from college, she has been working lots of hours at Barnes and Noble. I packed her favorite Santa Maria tri-tip sandwiches Monday and Tues. because she has been working through dinner time. Tonight she will be home and requested Chinese so Chinese it is.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Calzone from Italian Bistro. It was HUGE. Took up half a large pizza box. Rob was going to have some steak-burgers but there weren't any left and ended up sharing my calzone. (the calzone will also be my lunch tomorrow, since we've only gone through half of it so far...)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight we had Taco Bell while we were out running errands. It was pretty yummy