Abused dog

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This poor dog was rescued from a person at a local military base. He was brought in to the vets I work at by someone else. The person with the dog is being arrested for animal abuse... He is a year old boxer. He only weighes 27 pounds and had to be bathed twice to remove all of the fecal material from him. The owner claims he was too stupid to eat or be potty trained. (he hasn't defecated ONCE in his crate so far... and loves food)

Please send this poor little guy some "gain weight" vibes... The man who rescued him is going to keep him. So he already has a great home to go to but he needs to get a LOT bigger! Just keep this little guy in your prayers.... Hopefully his abuser will get what they deserve...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, the person responsible has been arrested for animal abuse now.

This dog just breaks your heart when you see him. He is so sweet. If you put his food bowl on the opposite side of the room, he would come to you rather then go to the food bowl. All he wants is human attention. He has no idea what a toy is or how to play and doesn't have an agressive bone in his body. It took almost 24 hours before he would even wag his little tail. He just comes over to you and sits beside you. He seemed so happy to have people pay attention to him.

He went to his new home this evening. The guy taking him has another boxer who will hopefully teach him how to be a dog. I'm just glad this dog got out of the situation when he did or he would have surely died...

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The owner deserved to be arrested for animal abuse. The poor dog.The pictures really show just how starved and under weight he is. But it sounds like he is going to have a much better forever home..A few months of good food and love and I'm sure he will be back to normal..

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shorty14788

Well, the person responsible has been arrested for animal abuse now.

This dog just breaks your heart when you see him. He is so sweet. If you put his food bowl on the opposite side of the room, he would come to you rather then go to the food bowl. All he wants is human attention. He has no idea what a toy is or how to play and doesn't have an agressive bone in his body. It took almost 24 hours before he would even wag his little tail. He just comes over to you and sits beside you. He seemed so happy to have people pay attention to him.

He went to his new home this evening. The guy taking him has another boxer who will hopefully teach him how to be a dog. I'm just glad this dog got out of the situation when he did or he would have surely died...
I am so glad that this precious animal already has a new home where he will be loved, and taken care of.

There is a special place in Hell for people who abuse animal, and I hope when I die, God lets me go me the boss of the people over there.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG those pictures are absolutely heartbreaking.
I will pray he will be okay. 26 lbs is really skinny for a full grown boxer.
thank God someone cared enough to take him in.
please keep us updated on his recovery! he is gorgeous.

ericss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Who would get a dog like that, and then just not feed it?

Who would let their pet get that skinny and not do anything.

I just dont get it.

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Too stupid to eat?? I've never met a dog that was "too stupid to eat"! His owner was just too stupid to feed him. He looks like a real sweet dog. Boxers really are a pretty resilient breed. Glad his future is looking good.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am glad I have a good head on my shoulders. . . If I did not I would hunt down every person on earth who would do this to an animal. . . and I would be the one going to jail . . .

Poor poor dog. . . Thank god for the person who rescued him, and may he gain lots and lots of weight and get healthy! Please keep us updated on him!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor sweet baby. I'm so happy to hear that he has a new forever and loving home. Unfortunately the abuser will end up with a slap on the wrist and then let go.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will bet the former owner got him as a puppy, tied him to a tree outside and ignored him. The few times he was "allowed" inside, he was so excited he peed, and was tied back to the tree again. The puppy got depressed because he just wanted to be included, and stopped eating...or the owner just didn't feed him in hopes that he died and he didn't have the responsibility anymore.

That's the same thing that happened when I was younger with my grandparents neighbors. The poor dog was chained to a tree on a 4 ft chain..in the middle of winter. He wasn't fed everyday, got little water (what water he did get was frozen in an hour). My grandfather went out and bought food for the poor thing, and "owners" yelled at him for feeding their dog. He finally called the humane society to come and pick up the poor thing. They had to cut his fur to get him up because he was laying in his own feces and it froze to his coat.

The owners got him back in 24 hours and he went back to the same kind of treatment. The "owners" then threatened my grandfather that if he called again, he would get payback. My grandfather got the cops out there next time he called (2 days later), and logged the threats. The "owners" were evicted after that but I don't know if any formal charges were made. I do know they had to put the dog down because he was too far gone.

I'm sorry, I know this is your story and not mine, but that still breaks my heart.

I'm so glad that he is starting to respond to human interaction and he is young enough that in a good home he should be a normal dog.

I truely belive some people should be shot for how they treat animals. There is no excuse for that.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is a beautiful doggy, I hope he feels better soon and plumpens up nicely! The look in his eyes is just heartbreaking... The poor little guy, I dont understand how anyone can treat anything like that! Im glad he has a forever home, I just hope puppy perks up soon! It looks like he's faught hard already!

Here are some vibes for adorable too skinny puppy!

rockyzeus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
they should let his owner starve and they should notlet him use the bathroom an see how he feels

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, that poor dog. I'm glad he is being properly cared for now. Hopefully the person who did this to him will face some consequences beyond a slap on the wrist.

Prayers that this pup recovers quickly and finds a bright future!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Vibes are working!!! He's up to 32 pounds already. Just goes to show you what a proper diet can do! He's coming back in for a recheck next week so I'll update more then....

Who would have thought feeding the dog would cause him to gain weight... go figure!