chores...

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which chore do you hate doing the most and why?
for me I absolutely hate doing the dishes because I was made to do the dishes every night from my 8th birthday until I moved into my own house and if I had even one dirty I was spanked and made to do every dish in the house(even the clean ones)...I grew up in a very strict household!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Putting laundry away and folding it!!!!!! OMG i despise it!
I will clean the house top to bottom, vaccume, start the laundry,do the dishes, dust, scoop litter pans, clean all the surfaces.....but i HATE HATE HATE putting laundry away! I'm not sure why...but the mere thought just makes me

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well i hate chores in general lol, but i'm a good girl, i clean. But my shower is a cubicle shower, so getting on my hands and knees onto the bathroom floor and trying to get all the annoying corners shiny and sparkly is hell!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind cleaning when I can, and used to actually like sweeping. But I can't do the sweeping motion anymore.
It's a twisting motion for my lower back and causes pain + bad tingling.

I'm not very fond of sorting socks either, the rest of the laundry is ok and actually kind of nice to fold -provided that Tomas isn't attempting to hide under the clothes as I try to fold them.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You forgot yard work! Icky! That's the worst, but doing dishes comes pretty close. For the longest time my parent's would not use their dishwasher. They had 5 kids, a perfectly good and available dishwasher, and it was not used. Some would say, that's what the kids were for, to wash the dishes (and mow the lawn). And believe me, I felt that way. Fortunately DH is not opposed to helping with dishes, doing the yard work, or paying a neighbors kid to do the yard work!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like just about everything, it gives me something to do and I always feel like I've accomplished something after a day of cleaning. But I do hate cleaning bathrooms!

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I will clean the house top to bottom, vaccume, start the laundry,do the dishes, dust, scoop litter pans, clean all the surfaces.....but i HATE HATE HATE putting laundry away! I'm not sure why...but the mere thought just makes me
I"m the same way. I'll do the laundry but it will sit in the basket for days ready to be put away but I just despise getting it into it's proper places. Also loading and unloading the dishwasher. Bleh nothing is more mindless than dishes.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More than 3 but less than 6

I hate dusting, sweeping and mopping...oh and cooking..

I don't mind anything else..I really don't mind the bathroom at all, I think its my fave actually

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't like doing chores at all, but if I had to pick just one I would probably pick cooking. I love to eat, but hate to cook. I think of cooking as a waste of time. I know it's strange for someone who likes to eat to think of cooking as a waste of time. I guess I was spoiled as a child because my Mom loved to cook and hated anyone else cooking in her kitchen. I lived at home until I was almost 25, so food just always magically appeared in front of me.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I HATE sweeping and mopping. The rest of it I can deal with, but that just gets me, especially since that is the one job my SO volunteered to do. He does it about every 6 months if I am lucky. I do it only when I absolutely have to. I sweep and run a Swiffer over the floors a couple times a week, but mopping is only when I can't stand it any more. I HATE hardwood floors!

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hate ironing the most so I voted laundry as ironing wasn't an option.

We recently got a cleaner as we both argued over housework; it's brilliant! I love cooking so that would never be an option for me.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Me too! It will sit in the baskets until I feel like putting it away and may be until the next load has to go in

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hate hate hate doing dishes. So I use paper plates and only use one cup a day. Plus whatever silverware I need. I try to limit the amount of dishes I have and do them right away or they would never get done.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

I hate hate hate doing dishes. So I use paper plates and only use one cup a day. Plus whatever silverware I need. I try to limit the amount of dishes I have and do them right away or they would never get done.
I wish my SO and roommate knew how to do that. They'll wait till I put a sign in the pile stating that they aren't going to walk themselves into the washer.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I don't really hate doing any of them, but then I looked around at my house. I must hate them all because I'm a terrible house keeper

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definately mopping the floor. For some reason I have to go over the same tile at least 5 times and when I try to move on, I go back to the first tile. It takes me at least an hour to finish the kitchen floor.

I don't mind vacuuming when I don't have to stop to pick up random junk. Mom is the worst. Now I just vacuum around stuff so it isn't too bad.

Dishes are fine as long as the rag isn't sitting in cold water for hours. Oh they can't stack the dishes either. I can't stand having to feel the grime underneath. Thankfully Mom is getting better at this.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So hard to chose what is the worst!

I DESPISE changing the bed linens! I dont know why. It doesnt take that long and Smidge "helps" me. I just hate it but love fresh sheets!

For the poll I chose vacuum. If I just went back and forth over rugs I wouldnt care. It is the moving of things and get the attachment out to clean the hardwood floor and the corners. Bleh! My back always hurts a lot the day after too.

I'm suprised I dont hate dishes mroe than I do. What I hate is that they are ALWAYS THERE. You can never be dirty dish free. I have never had a dishwasher - I just keep ending up in places that dont have one. Most days I do them - it is like brushing my teeth - not really fond of doing it but it's gotta get done.

The paper plate/plastic cup thing works to a point for me. Problem is, I cook! That's always a mess + I later have food containers to wash. Somehow it stacks up even with disposable stuff.

I dont have room for a real dishwasher but I was a tabletop dishwasher for $400! I told me dad when I was rich I would get one, but then he reminded me if I were rich I'd be living in a big house that has one already! Duh on me!