Ghost Adventures

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This show is on SciFi right now and I can't help but compare them to Ghost Hunters. On GH, they don't get scared, running down a hallway peeing their pants, but on this show, they run and scream whenever they see a ghost! As a matter of fact on GH, they made fun of some of the guys fr running and screaming- in ONE show! There supposed to be looking for the ghosts and taping them and yet they run away!

*DISCLAIMER* I am in no way a ghost hunter type person and I WOULD rum screaming peeing down my leg if I saw a ghost.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We use to watch "Most Haunted" Before getting into Ghost Hunters. They jumped at ANYTHING...really anything. After a year or two we stopped watching that show and switched to ghost hunters.

The thing I really like about GH is that they look at all angles instead of automatically assuming its a ghost. Plus my sister met them earlier this year

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

The thing I really like about GH is that they look at all angles instead of automatically assuming its a ghost. Plus my sister met them earlier this year
That would be awesome to meet them!! I am so jealous, lol! I, too, love that they look at angles first. These guys automatically assumed it was always a ghost (and ran screaming
)

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pipersjo

This show is on SciFi right now and I can't help but compare them to Ghost Hunters. On GH, they don't get scared, running down a hallway peeing their pants, but on this show, they run and scream whenever they see a ghost! As a matter of fact on GH, they made fun of some of the guys fr running and screaming- in ONE show! There supposed to be looking for the ghosts and taping them and yet they run away!

*DISCLAIMER* I am in no way a ghost hunter type person and I WOULD rum screaming peeing down my leg if I saw a ghost.
i happen to watch about 15 min of that show, and changed the channel to catch a few min of news before i left for the office tonight, Blah, dont care to see it again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i happen to watch about 15 min of that show, and changed the channel to catch a few min of news before i left for the office tonight, Blah, dont care to see it again
Yeah, it was pretty bad. I left it on as background noise while I checked out the CatSite.... fun show to laugh at though!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I watched a few minutes of that the last time it was on, seemed silly. Besides The Universe is on the History channel again and that's more entertaining to watch.

I agree about Most Haunted, why does (or did -I'm not current with the show at all) the one woman go to these places if she was going to scream at everything? I remember seeing a few minutes of an episode a few years ago where everyone was yelling because a door opened... the electrical cord caught and pulled it open.
My British friend always gets annoyed when I make fun of the show.

And a couple of the people did yell and run in one of the GH episodes, they got in trouble for it too -for the main reason that you don't go running in the dark in places like those they go to. Someone could end up hurt.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch "most haunted" for laughs, as i do Ghost Hunters. The only show that is remotely close to the real thing is" Paranormal State, on channel A&E monday nights i think at 9 or 10pm.

i belong to a paranoral research group, and we have been to people's houses as well as other places, and we operate professionally. i will send anyone that pm's me the link to my group's website

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched that last night. The Goldfield Hotel scared me silly. My husband was making fun of them running like school girls. But a ghost threw a brick at them!
I'd run and scream too.
But then I'm not a ghost hunter either.

I like Paranormal State, A Haunting, and Ghosthunters. I have to say l like A Haunting and Paranormal State the best though.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch most haunted on occasion just to hear the stories behind the buildings, but they are sooo jumpy! And Cath (I think is her name?) ALWAYS doesn't want to be there!

I like Ghost Hunters and I've watched a few Paranormal State, but I never really got into it either. I'm a far more scientific person, so I suppose Ghost Hunters makes a lot more sense to me.

kittee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

I watch "most haunted" for laughs, as i do Ghost Hunters. The only show that is remotely close to the real thing is" Paranormal State, on channel A&E monday nights i think at 9 or 10pm.

i belong to a paranoral research group, and we have been to people's houses as well as other places, and we operate professionally. i will send anyone that pm's me the link to my group's website
Paranormal State is very dramatized. Why must he talk through that "filter" "recorder" effect every time he's giving the background info on a story? Also a VERY religious approach.

Ghost Hunters at least tries to be scientific about their approach without the "spooky ooky fluff."

Ghost Hunters = Tries to disprove the event.

Paranormal State = Tries to prove it.

"Most Haunted" = A joke.

And on another note... Aren't EVP's the creepiest things ever? Those recordings always send shivers down my spine.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
one of my big peeves is how most of them focus on orbs. i do like that Ghost Hunters try to disprove things and point out that orbs can be dust in most cases.

i guess i like all 3 shows after all, for different reasons.