My mouth is on fire!!!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
If I was a cartoon character, I'd have steam coming out of my ears right now.

For dinner tonight, I made some spicy Indian curry tofu and veggies with rice. Well, I might have underestimated the spiciness of the curry paste. I'm used to spicy food, but this is a little much, even for me.

Any ideas of how I could make the whole thing a little milder? It's very tasty... just too spicy. I'm thinking of mixing the tofu and veggies with some crushed tomatoes.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

If I was a cartoon character, I'd have steam coming out of my ears right now.

For dinner tonight, I made some spicy Indian curry tofu and veggies with rice. Well, I might have underestimated the spiciness of the curry paste. I'm used to spicy food, but this is a little much, even for me.

Any ideas of how I could make the whole thing a little milder? It's very tasty... just too spicy. I'm thinking of mixing the tofu and veggies with some crushed tomatoes.
Drink lots and lots of milk!!!

Adding some coconut milk might curb the spiciness too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
A potato would work nice. I'd have to cook it though...

I don't have any milk or yogurt (I'm practicaly vegan) so that's out too. Well, at least my mouth isn't burning anymore. I'm hungry again though, cause I couldn't eat enough for dinner.

I think I'll just go with my original idea of adding a can of crushed tomatoes. That's how I usually use that curry paste and I don't know why I didn't do it this time. What was I thinking? It's curry paste, not curry sauce. And it did say "very spicy" on the jar. Yet, I used the whole jar, without mixing it with anything.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can cook with tofu? Hubby, daughter and son think that tofu is a 4-letter word.
Hubby says that you can cut down on the spiciness by adding ground beef.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you could eat some more if it, hehe, it takes a few times before you get used to it
hehe

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

You can cook with tofu? Hubby, daughter and son think that tofu is a 4-letter word.
Hubby says that you can cut down on the spiciness by adding ground beef.
Tofu IS a 4-letter word - YUCK.

She is a vegetarian so the ground beef is a no-no.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, Mexican and Tex Mex spicy is a totally different spicy. I can handle that spicy, I LOVE the hot stuff!
Indian spicy is much different to me...