This is going to stink

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to go in tomorrow and have blood drawn for a baseline cholesterol test. This is just so my doctor has something to compare any future tests to. Anyway, I can't eat anything after nine tonight. I'm the type of person who gets hungry every two or three hours. Also if my stomach feels the least bit empty I can't sleep. How in the world am I going to go 12 hours without eating? I plan to stuff myself at about 8:30 but there's no way that will tide me over.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
usually for those type of tests, they tell you nothing after midnight, so nothing after 9 is weird to me. but anyway, if you want something that will stick with you, try something with carbs, like pasta or fiber. keeps you feeling full
GL with the tests!!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's no fun! Are you allowed to drink anything? Maybe you can fill up with water to trick your belly into being full?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I can have water or black coffee. (YUK) Usually when I drink water on an empty stomach it makes me more hungry instead of feeling full.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I have to go in tomorrow and have blood drawn for a baseline cholesterol test. This is just so my doctor has something to compare any future tests to. Anyway, I can't eat anything after nine tonight. I'm the type of person who gets hungry every two or three hours. Also if my stomach feels the least bit empty I can't sleep. How in the world am I going to go 12 hours without eating? I plan to stuff myself at about 8:30 but there's no way that will tide me over.
I just did that Sunday night from 9pm until Monday morning at 9am! I took a breakfast shake with me and snarfed it down after the blood test

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had that done before- it's really not so bad if you get a good nurse that can hit your veins gently
Try chewing gum to keep yourself from being hungry (just don't eat the gum
) Good luck on your test results!