funny new habits....

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
okay, at first, i thought i was just imagining....but the last week or so kuan yin has become quite human...
when i ask her a question, she NODS.
seriously!!! i've asked her if she wanted food and she nodded, then i asked her if she would like me to fill up the dog's water bucket so she could drink out of it easier and she nodded, then i asked her if she missed me when i came home and she nodded....
when i ask her other things she doesn't seem into she doesn't respond..just stares...so i have to think there's a difference since she seems very enthusiastic about whatever she just nodded to....or maybe i'm a crazy cat lady.
second thing: this morning i fed her breakfast and she ran in her room and literally wagged her tail like a dog and paced back and forth while still wagging her tail till i put the food down for her...and sometimes when she's playing with the puppy she will keep her mouth open and pant like her as our puppy does.
i wonder if this what happens to an "only cat" when she's raised with humans and dogs!!!!!

erinca7821

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Seamus has very 'human' behaviors... it's just me and him, so it's only logical... If I say "what" he has an answer... if I ask for a kiss, he'll make a clicking noise like a kiss noise... if we lay down on the couch, he makes it a point to lay down like I'm laying... if I'm sideways, he's sideways, head on the pillow and all, my arms out, his paws out... maybe it's a little crazy to think, but they are mirroring our behaviors, I'm sure of it...

Seamus yells when he's getting his food, I'm not sure if he's telling me to hurry up or what, but he yells...

I had a coworker who had a dog and cat and she said the cat would try to bark like the dog, and would scratch at the door like the dog would when people were at the door...I guess they learn from whoever they have around, dogs, humans...

Their behaviors in general are what make them great, keep enjoying the new discoveries!

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Rocky has a mouth on him sometimes! Once he was doing something he wasn't supposed to (I don't remember what), and I told him "No," and moved like I was reaching for the spray bottle, and he meowed at me as if he was saying, "You're not the boss of me!"

Both of mine will say "Mom" when they're trying to get my attention.

mia's mommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know this is gonna sound very weird but if Mia is in the room when my boyfriend and I are being intimate she'll lay on her back and make funny noises. Do you think she knows what is going on? Is she making fun of me? lol Perhaps we aren't doing it right.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mia's Mommy

I know this is gonna sound very weird but if Mia is in the room when my boyfriend and I are being intimate she'll lay on her back and make funny noises. Do you think she knows what is going on? Is she making fun of me? lol Perhaps we aren't doing it right.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mia's Mommy

one time kuan yin was in there and we didn't know till later. once we found out she was looking at me in disgust, then marked me with her flank, and slapped my boyfriend on the face.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I have budgies, too, and they do talk "people" talk, like "what a good birdie" in my tone of voice. After the first one learned to talk, the others started, too. I call it flock talk.

Then there is Sandy Koufax. He actually can respond to your questions. One day I asked him how he was. He said, "I'm fine thank you and you?" When I say to him that I love him, he says that he loves me too. Seriously, no joke.