My New Homecare Lady!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so antsy about someone new coming into my home today.

This girl is soooo nice!

She has 6 cats, 5 strays that she took inside, and 1 that she has been caring for outside for 6 years but she can't catch him.

The first thing she did when she got here was to ask about my cats because she loves cats. So I showed her where Chynna was sleeping in the pots cupboard, and she sat on the floor and gave her chin scritches for a few minutes. Chynna gave her nose kisses back. Even Abby came out of hiding and was rubbing all around her legs, so she sat on the couch and brushed Abby, much to her delight, for several minutes while she told me about her own cats.

She was here for 90 minutes and did twice the work that the other woman did. This girl, her name is Janet, did the bathroom including the shower tiles and wall soap dish (neither of which were ever cleaned by the other girl), she vacuumed and washed all of the floors. She even moved my coffee table and dining table so she could get under them to vacuum and mop. Dusted my bedroom and living room, windexed tables, put my dishes away and wiped the counters and stove. I just noticed that she even took a bag of garbage with her to throw out!

And the most important thing is she is nice. She's also chatty, but it was actually nice to talk to her because she wasn't whining and complaining about her job.

I'm so glad that I asked for someone else!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What wonderful news. It sounds like you have finally found a great cleaning lady. And a cat lover says it all. It was worth asking for a new lady..

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you found a keeper... Some people just figure the world is against them it's so nice to find someone who you can talk with, knows how to handle your kittens and it attentive to what she is suposed to be doing all at the same time.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you duplicate her and send me a copy

Glad this one is better than the last

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's awesome. What a relief to have a normal person, who just does her job and is pleasant about it.Sometimes it really is worth complaining.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
It's great to hear you've got someone who's actually doing her job, and not taking advantage of you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

She sounds great!!! I bet your place is sparkling now
Originally Posted by sharky

Can you duplicate her and send me a copy

Glad this one is better than the last
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

That's awesome. What a relief to have a normal person, who just does her job and is pleasant about it.Sometimes it really is worth complaining.
Thanks everyone!

My place is sparkling! I didn't notice before, but she even scooped the cat litter while she was cleaning the bathroom.

She comes back in 1 month (January 1 is a holiday), so I'll see how that day goes and then I will call her supervisor and let them know that Janet is working out much better

With all of the stress that I've had, I'm sure glad that I didn't have to contend with that other girl today.