Slightly annoyed...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I received a note from the post office in my mail box saying that they needed me to go pick up a package. Now, I remember signing a form with my apartment complex saying that they had every right to sign in packages for me. The primary reason I did that is because I work goofy hours and I can't go to the post office to pick anything up. They refused signature.

So, I have a package at the post office I can't physically get to, and it's most likely going to go back to sender. The next possible day I can go pick it up is December 24th. I just hope they keep it until then.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would call the post office & ask if they can hold it until then for you, that way you know.
Thats really frusterating, I'd be mad too!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My office accepts packages too but I've had the post office hold packages for me. After that, if I'me expecting a package I'll leave a note on my door telling them to leave it at the office. Of course, this only helps when I'm expecting something.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have any "signing" service here. But if a package is delivered to me and I'm not home to receive it, it's sent back to the post office.

I can then either pick it up. They send out a second and final reminder that it's there. I think they let it sit for 3 weeks before it's returned to the sender.

Or I can call and have them remail it out to me for another attempted delivery.

Perhaps you can call them and tell them that you can't pick up until the 24th. They will know you know about the package and will hold it for you. Or you might have them retry delivering it again, and make sure you talk to whoever does the package signing about your signing agreement. Or maybe ask them if they will deliver it to your work?