I got a job!!!!!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH MY GOSH!!!

I'm absolutely shaking!!!! I just got a job offer!!! I've been out of work since June and getting very discouraged! And depressed. And all I can say is Thank the Lord!

The job is a general office position with a company that deals with motorcycle part sales. It's part time 20-30 hours. I told the gentleman that I was looking to stay around 30 hours. He said it would be 20 at first and if things worked out 30 would be no problem. It's also flexible, but once I've been there a bit they'd try to work out a schedule -AROUND ME!
The pay isn't what I was making before, but I expected that and it's not minimum wage either. So I'll start sometime after Christmas. He told me to call him on the 26th and we'd figure out something then!

Now I must go pass out or do a dance or I'm just not sure what! I want to call my Mom but she gets out of work in like 30 minutes so I'm holding off. Already called DH and left my best friend a voice mail too! AHHHH!!!!!

Now I really must get on a normal sleeping schedule. No more staying up till 3-4-5 or 6am!!!!! AAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! Congratulations on your awesome new job!
You'll have to tell us all about your new job when you start

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok this is a little sad, with the decrease in pay and hours, I'm pulling in more on unemployment.... I think I have about 2 months of that left at this point. But hey, a job is a job!!!!

shiraz21

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
CONGRATS TO YOU!!!
i know you must be soooo excited and siked!!! (can you tell i'm a child of the 80's LOL)... i am out on disability now, and have been for 3 months... and i wish i could go back tomorrow!! i know how it feels i'm so happy for you!

shiraz21

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well with the increase to 30 hours, you'll be doing better... and it will be nice to have something to get up for in the morning... makes you feel good

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh Hon, I know the feeling! CONGRATS! How far away is it from your home?
It's just over 3 miles according to Mapquest, so not bad at all! My last job was about 4.5, just in the other direction.Oh and one more perk, it's less than half a mile from my favorite Italian restaurant!!!!! Oh boy am I in trouble for that!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations. You've waited so long and I can imagine how frustrating and depressing that could be. This may turn into an even better job than you even realize right now. All the very best to you.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Hope your hours increase soon after you start!