Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've locked my keys in my car, AGAIN! I'm not even exaggerating when I say this, I must have locked my keys in my car 50 times in the last 13 years of driving
My locks are actually stripped because I've had them jimmied so many times, they only way to open the car is thru the remote entry thing....and of course my spare is at my parent's house and my Dad has to drive all the way down here to my work to get me in my car- he is not a happy camper
I just did this not even a month ago!! I am totally looking into getting a car that has the keypad on the door next time

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww.....
I hope your day goes better....

I've only done that once but I am SOOOO paranoid.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

Awww.....
I hope your day goes better....

I've only done that once but I am SOOOO paranoid.
I apparently need to get a little more paranoid
It's like a have a freaking disease- lockyourkeysincaritis

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I apparently need to get a little more paranoid
It's like a have a freaking disease- lockyourkeysincaritis
I even find that when I brush my car off, I turn my car on, turn on the defroster and leave the door open while I brush the car off because I'm scared the car will lock itself

I never realized what an airhead I sound like now

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've locked my keys in my car, AGAIN! I'm not even exaggerating when I say this, I must have locked my keys in my car 50 times in the last 13 years of driving
My locks are actually stripped because I've had them jimmied so many times, they only way to open the car is thru the remote entry thing....and of course my spare is at my parent's house and my Dad has to drive all the way down here to my work to get me in my car- he is not a happy camper
I just did this not even a month ago!! I am totally looking into getting a car that has the keypad on the door next time
Aww... how suckey! At least you didn't do it Saturday!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Katie, can you keep an extra key in your purse???
i do that, but it doesn't always help, as i have been known to lock my purse [and cell phone] in the car...
my dad keeps telling me to get one of those magnetic key holders. i rarely do it anymore - never if i use the alarm [which is currently not operating].

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't feel like you are the only one. I feel like a complete dimwit every time I do it. I have done it less than I used to, but I have done that twice in about 3 months. I had to cab to my SO's job to get his keys and cab back to the car. I can't even get a spare key to put in my purse because it has a chip that has to come from the dealership. Last we checked, it was about $35, if they still make them for that model. It is a 96 Buick Riviera. I miss my old car that I could just break in to with a coat hanger.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This si why I have lock out protection on my car insurence

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Katie, can you keep an extra key in your purse???
I sometimes lock my purse in there too! plus you can't unlock my door with a key, it's stripped

Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

I even find that when I brush my car off, I turn my car on, turn on the defroster and leave the door open while I brush the car off because I'm scared the car will lock itself

I never realized what an airhead I sound like now
I have locked my keys in the car in front of a car wash, while it was running once

Originally Posted by twstychik

Aww... how suckey! At least you didn't do it Saturday!
no kidding, that would've cost me some money

Originally Posted by laureen227

i do that, but it doesn't always help, as i have been known to lock my purse [and cell phone] in the car...
my dad keeps telling me to get one of those magnetic key holders. i rarely do it anymore - never if i use the alarm [which is currently not operating].
I need to get one of those for my house key!
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Don't feel like you are the only one. I feel like a complete dimwit every time I do it. I have done it less than I used to, but I have done that twice in about 3 months. I had to cab to my SO's job to get his keys and cab back to the car. I can't even get a spare key to put in my purse because it has a chip that has to come from the dealership. Last we checked, it was about $35, if they still make them for that model. It is a 96 Buick Riviera. I miss my old car that I could just break in to with a coat hanger.
I don't even know how much an extra keyless entry thing would cost! I need to hide them everywhere

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you need to get a Jetta
I used to lock my keys in my car ALL the time! Jetta's make it impossible to lock your keys in it! I just love it!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I can't even get a spare key to put in my purse because it has a chip that has to come from the dealership. Last we checked, it was about $35, if they still make them for that model. It is a 96 Buick Riviera. I miss my old car that I could just break in to with a coat hanger.
I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the chip is only for the ignition. You could still have a "blank" spare made to unlock the doors.

I have locked my keys in the car in front of a car wash, while it was running once

I don't even know how much an extra keyless entry thing would cost! I need to hide them everywhere
Now that is smooth!
I'm sure another remote would cost a small fortune... possibly more than getting new locks.

Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you need to get a Jetta
I used to lock my keys in my car ALL the time! Jetta's make it impossible to lock your keys in it! I just love it!
Mine does too... but only if the keys are in the ignition. Of course, every morning I intentionally lock my spare in the car with is running now that it's cold out.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really good at doing this too

I've learned to give John a spare key & a spare keyless entry pad from my car with him & one at home

I've locked my keys in my car more than I can possibly imagine

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

At least you didn't lock yourself in the car!

(OK, I had to say it)
Even I'm not that brain dead

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I started off with a car that had one of those keypad locks.

The thing that was the worse was when I got rid of it and had a car without it. I locked my keys in the car twice during the first week.

I started to carry my keys around on one of those neckstraps. Heck I still have to repeat to myself (7 years after getting rid the car) that I can't leave my keys on the passenger seat.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Katie, I did this a few months ago when I first bought my car..it is SO FRUSTRATING!!

You need to make copies of the remote thingy...even though its expensive..think of the money you'll save on locksmiths

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mercury Sable won't let you lock the keys in your car while they're in the ignition- i love it! I've only locked my keys in my car once and it was both my mom and mine's fault
I had just recieved my driving permit so my mom was letting me drive to school - we both got out of the car at the same time so that i could go into class and she could get into the drivers side and go to work...well, we both locked the doors...with the car running
lol needless to say we were both at fault that day
I haven't done it since though, and i'm glad my Mercury keeps me from locking them in the car

If you're really bad about it you may want to get a magnetic ket box to stick under the car.Be careful where you put it on the car though- i saw a report on tv not too long ago about different ways crooks were breaking into cars and that was one of them....you may just want to ducktape a key in a less noticable spot on your car

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been lucky enough that I've never had to pay a locksmith
I've always made sure someone, somewhere, has an extra key or remote
and I've locked the keys in the ignition one time, the rest of the times have been them sitting on my passenger seat

I bought my dad a bag of reese's cups to make up for having to drive all the way down here

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Buy a mercedes. It is virtually impossible to lock your keys in the car with a mercedes unless you think of a way to do it on purpose! You can get some used cars for a reasonable amount of money.