Pooping problems HALP

mike55520

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so not too long ago my sister decided that without telling me she was going to replace my cats litter box(with one clearly sized for kittens) and strictly speaking, hes a big boy since he got fixed in august.

Lately hes been having the problem of getting poop all over his rear end. today i noticed the area is swollen and pretty red, i dont know ifits related but earlier today he was hanging out in the kitchen and he started acting like something scared him senseless, he was hiding behind the TV for a while before running to the bathroom and hiding behind the toilet( his pupils were HUGE) and not too long before the discovery of the redness and swelling he unloaded a watery turd on the sofa, which is something which we have never had a problem with before.

any recommendations to get the swelling down? weve tried to clean him up the best he will let us. understandably he dislikes people messing around with his posterior.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mike55520

weve tried to clean him up the best he will let us. understandably he dislikes people messing around with his posterior.
Well I don't blame him. The loose stool sounds like a bigger problem than just too small of a litter box. I would at the very least call a vet, but probably make an appointment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mike55520

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i called planned pethood(where he got fixed) but they dropped my call, ill try them again later.

im pretty worried about his sudden fear of the kitchen area, hes been in the back of the house all day, hes usualy in the kitchenbecause thats where his food is...

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may have anal gland problems, and should see a vet ASAP, as he can't tell you how much it hurts him - animals can be amazingly quiet compared to us when something's really bothering them.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Larke

He may have anal gland problems, and should see a vet ASAP, as he can't tell you how much it hurts him - animals can be amazingly quiet compared to us when something's really bothering them.

If his bum is hurting he won't know why and would run to try and get away from it.