Inflammatory bowel disease and switching foods?

monarchcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 13 year old cat was just diagnosed with IBD and the vet has me giving her prednisone. I have four cats and they have all eaten Nutro Natural choice dry for some years now. My oldest (the one w/ IBD) also gets Nutro Senior wet food. The vet put her on prednisone, but has not mentioned switching her food. It seems as though a food switch would be logical, though? I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a dry and wet that I could switch all the cats to, to benefit my ailing senior. They all need to switch because it's impossible to try to feed them seperately. I can feed my senior separately (locked in the bathroom for a few minutes a few times a day), but can't really keep her out of the other cats' food, so I assumed I'd need to switch all of them to something safe for her.

Any advice? I have always liked the Nutro because it seems to be a decent food at a reasonable price. I need to try to avoid a super expensive food, if all four cats are going to be eating it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would try NOT feeding dry .....

NB has a duck and pea ( neither ingrediant is in current dry ) or a dry without chicken , herring , rice and corn gluten

BUT if you can a ALL wet diet will likely be more helpful

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I would try NOT feeding dry .....

NB has a duck and pea ( neither ingrediant is in current dry ) or a dry without chicken , herring , rice and corn gluten

BUT if you can a ALL wet diet will likely be more helpful
What about their venision & green pea? I know my cats like that one, but did not like the duck & pea.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the veison wet is fine ... i meant the duck for dry opps