Mane gets stuck in mouth

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday I was at my parent's playing with Olivia. Her mane is in all full and beautiful so I was fluffing it and what not, so she started licking to get it back in place (
) and it got stuck in her mouth. She was lifting her head up to get it out but I ended up pulling it down for her. I'm guessing if she stretched far enough it would have to come out, but is that normal for long hair cats sometimes? I felt so bad for her!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

It happens to Magnum, he can get it out, but he is lazy and won't so he sits there looking at me to fix it for him.

Mine get it in their mouths, too.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It happens to Ferris, and so far I have not bothered to assist him with it.

From reading the posts of the enablers above, it's probably a good idea if I never start, and simply leave it up to him to handle!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

From reading the posts of the enablers above, it's probably a good idea if I never start, and simply leave it up to him to handle!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Used to happen to Wickett all the time. I also used to pull it out for him all the time too. Haven't noticed this problem much lately though. Lately, if he's got fur in his mouth... it's white fur!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Riley has the same problem. I have actually started keeping it trimmed just a bit, because otherwise its always dirty and sticky from being in his mouth all the time

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is just beautiful Clixpix....
I haven't helped Zoe out with her's yet either...I just go "ooohh Zoe, cut that out"....she just keeps at it of course!
So far it hasn't actually just stayed in her mouth,but her hair is getting so long...I can see it coming..

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Me too, I'd be a rich woman
Look at that beauty
I seem to recall a Severino pic looking very similar!