New Kitten Owner

grzesiek024

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
My names Greg and as a college graduation present I was given a little kitten named Luka. He was born in late september, his mom was a black cat ... no idea who is father is. Right now he's kind of a chocolate brown color but every day he seems to be getting lighter in color and showing signs of a tabby pattern. He has a white patch on his neck and belly. I'm not sure what color he'll be when he grows up and it's fun watching him grow, and he's growing fast.

I've had him for about 2 weeks and it's been fun and frustrating at the same time. To me it's really important that i raise him right, and I do have lots of questions and i'm not really sure where to address them just yet. In the next couple weeks we'll be moving twice. Back to my parents in NW Pennsylvania for a week and a half (where he'll meet my parents cat, a 7 year old pure bred fixed female maine coon) and then to DC permanently. I'm worried about the effects of our rather temporary living conditions and the stress that might cause him. On top of everything else. and i need him to quit attacking my feet under the bed covers and pouncing on my mouse when i'm using it.

wow, that was long... haha, it's a quarter to 4am and he's just running around like a nut... this was a good distraction while i wait for him to tire out.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Greg & welcome to tcs. You'll find lots of info in the health & nutrition, care & grooming & behaviour forums. He sounds perfectly normal, my cat Blossom, now 15 m/o was as wild as can be, chasing, biting & scratching. She's improved with age. Can't wait to see pics of your little guy.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Greg! Welcome to the Cat Site!

Hope to see photos of your little rascal someday!

Best Wishes to you both! Enjoy the forums

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi Greg, welcome to TCS. I am so glad that you have joined this wonderful community.
We love to hear about each others kitties.
You are asking excellent questions about Luka's care.
I have no doubt that members will have some helpful feedback for you.

If you have questions about the site, just click on my username, send a private message with your question,
I will get back to you asap. See you around the site.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Greg
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and Luka to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

It's great that you are taking your responsibility for Luka so seriously - any questions? You've come to just the right place to find the answers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grzesiek024

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

It's great that you are taking your responsibility for Luka so seriously - any questions? You've come to just the right place to find the answers!
thanks, lots of my friends think it's funny that i'm taking it seriously. I try to tell them not use their hands as toys and they never listen to me. Gah. But he seems to be learning that my hands aren't... so that's good. Though i swear today he's grown bigger than yesterday.

as for questions, my biggest one is... do most kittens like to play in their litter boxes for 20 minutes? Just digging and playing, it's almost as if he's looking for something in there...

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, Greg!!
You'll really like it here - everyone is friendly and helpful. See you on the forums

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, Greg and what a wonderful graduation present! There is lots of info in the forums to help you "raise him right."

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
AWWW
He is so cute!! I just love the one little white spot!!
The people on this forum are really wonderful!! You are doing a great job of raising him, I know because you are trying to raise him well.
I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Luka is adorable!! You'll find lots of info about crazy kitten antics here!