What is your favorite Christmas cookie to make?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite to make is pecan butter balls because they are easy and oh-so buttery.

My next favorite are walnut bourbon balls. A little bit of Jack Daniels in the dough, a little bit in the glass. A little bit more in the glass while they are cooking. A little bit more in the glass when you roll them in the sugar. No wonder I like these cookies.

Only the best sour mash for my cookies!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Date nut pinwheels. They're very time intensive to make (takes two days) but SO totally worth it. I need to make some soon...Christmas isn't Christmas without date nut pinwheels!!! And of course, my great grandmother's recipe that she brought from Hungary when she immigrated....the orange, date, raisin, nut bread. Already made that....yummmmmmm!!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Spritz cookies!!!!! My mom bought me a spritzer and I have a great recipe!
I don't have a spritzer but I want one! My mom makes them for me every year!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We always make shortbread cookies with red and green sprinkles, and peanut butter cookies.

hyakugojyuuichi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love making spritz cookies! My mom and I made a tray of candy and cookies to take to our neighbors, the red and green ones are the spritz.

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is anyone up for maybe posting the recipes for these lovely cookies? I haven't heard of a lot of these before. Maybe would like to try something new. Just an idea. Maybe I will start a new thread for cookie recipes.... What do you think? I don't really want to hijack this one.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All of em!

I guess my top fav is Italian Horns, or Little Horns. Now what I've seen online when I looked for a recipe, out of curiosity, doesn't look like my Grandma's recipe. They take 2 days to make too. Basically they look like a crescent filled with a little nutty sugary filling.

My next fav is probably the Italian Chocolate Chip because I always got to help with them when I was a kid and they are sooo tasty! Pizzelles are fun to make too. I like putting liquid in and getting the pretty pattern out!