Out in the cold

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I opened the window in the cat's room a little after noon today, when it was warmest (33 degrees
) so that they could go out into their enclosure for a little while and watch the birds. They didn't seem to care for the cold very long, because in less than an hour, they were all looking for warm spots in the house to take a nap.

It was getting cold after a while, so I counted kitties (I just know that I counted everyone), and closed the window.

About an hour later, it was dinner time, so I started setting out everyone's bowl; no Trace. A quick search revealed him sitting outside the window, looking all cold, dejected and forgotten

Trace got to have his dinner in the room by himself, so that Freeway (already finished) wouldn't call dibs on Trace's bowl. Now, he's on the bed toasting his bun(s) (if you've had a whole leg removed, do you still have buns?) on a low heating pad. Poor guy. I'll have to come up with a new method for roll call.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ah no, poor Trace. Bet it will be spring before he ventures out again. He's all snuggly warm now.
Maybe come up with a little ditty with all their names in it? Then you can sing it while doing roll call

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no

Give sweet Trace lots of extra cuddles and head bumps tonight.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Oh poor baby, though why they would want to go outside when it is so cold, I just

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

How about different whistles like Captain Von Trapp used to call his kids in the Sound of Music?
Yes, I could see them lining up in order of size.
(in some alternate universe)