Vibes for Missy

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Missy's not feeling very well. She threw up once yesterday and at least once today (I found some stuff in the litterbox which may also have been throwup) and has had diarrhea a few times which was all liquid (make sense if she's thrown up all the solids in her stomach). I called the vet and she said to keep an eye on her and see if she eats tonight or in the morning.

Mez

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You did the right thing calling the Vet. Even if she is not eating anything, make sure she has plenty of water available so that she doesn't become dehydrated. I'm sure you've already done that though

Plenty of vibes for your little girl - I hope her tummy is back to rights soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't ask the vet this, but should I keep Missy and Junior isolated tonight? She's been very lethargic most of the day and while she's sniffed at the food and water dishes a few times, I've only seen her take a small drink once.

Mez

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If your kitties don't go outside, I wouldn't think that you need to separate them tonight.

My Sadie just went though a similar bout but was OK after a day.
I would keep a really close eye on Missy and if she is not better in the morning, I would take her in to be checked over.

If she get worse during the night do you have an emergency 24 hr. vet near by as back up if needed?

Hopefully is was just a passing thing and your girl will be all better by morning.

Missy

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of good health vibes Missy's way.

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

If she get worse during the night do you have an emergency 24 hr. vet near by as back up if needed?
The local university runs a vet clinic which is 24hr, but I've heard they're really pricey and often recommend unnecessary procedures so the interns can get experience.

Mez

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mezlo

The local university runs a vet clinic which is 24hr, but I've heard they're really pricey and often recommend unnecessary procedures so the interns can get experience.
Mez
That's terrible.

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Missy seems to be better. She's eaten and drank a little and is now wrestling with Junior. She's still not 100% but is definitely improving. I'll keep watching her the next few days and see if anything else shows up. I won't say she's out of the water because she played fine all day yesterday and this morning.

Thanks for all the vibes.

Mez

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good to hear she's on the mend
She probably didn't eat of drink much because her tummy was sore - that would account for the lethargy - and if she's been throwing up so much, it's possible she's pulled a muscle and it's still a little uncomfortable. If she's wrestling with junior then it sounds like she's going to be fine in a couple of days, and you'd never know she'd been sick at all!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad to hear this...
More Missy vibes on the way....

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats good to hear Missy is feeling better

Heres tons of For Missy to stay better!