My baby boy Sunflower has crossed

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night Sunflower died. He was sick - there was no way he could have frozen, I'm positive - but I don't know what it was. All I know is that my little baby boy is gone and I'll never see him again.

This morning my little brother opened the door, Twix, Ditto, and Lady in his arms. He deposited them on my bed and said, "Sunflower died." What a way to wake up! Needles to say I flew out of bed and asked him again and agin "Are you sure?" "Seriously?" "No, he's not."

But he was. My dad found him laying there this morning and, without telling me or anyone, dumped him in the garbage. I was so angry at this - however, what else could I do? It's too cold to bury him and I'm not going to put him in my freezer - that'd be pure torture for me every time I opened it and saw him there. So in the garbage can he stay. I'm going to fix him up a miniature casket or him to go in, then put him in it. I haven't dared to look at him yet since I know I'll burst out crying.

This is so, so, so bad. No one in my family knows how much I love my cats. They all just take it indifferently or are just 'sad'. I even called my friend who was hoping to take him and she didn't sound to terribly sad, either. I feel so different from them all since I feel constantly like bawling and everyone else is just going on with their lives.

I don't know what I'm going to do without my little boy.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We at TCS know how you feel.

Rest in peace sweet Sunflower.

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your heartbreak.

Some people just seem to care more deeply about animals. So though you may feel alone with your feelings in your household, there are lots of people all over the world who would feel the same sadness, too.

Also, sometimes one person in a family is just more attached to a certain pet, so the loss hits that person harder.

Grieve as much as you need to, for as long as you need to, and let time slowly do its healing work. You'll always miss him, but it won't be as severe.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry!!

RIP Sunflower!

You should look though, it will help you grieve, at least it always did for me!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no
Soo sorry to hear about Sunflower

He was such a lucky boy to have you to care for him when he was here

Hopefully more kitties can be as lucky as him someday

Rest in Peace Gorgeous Sunflower
You will be missed!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went out to see him and couldn't help but cry. I stil don't want to go near the garbage can because it wasn't the kind of crying that felt good, it was the kind that seemed to drag on forever with no pauses.
It's gotten better since I did see him,though. I'm almost glad I did.

All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you for all that you've said. You've helped me so much.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry.

I get where you're coming from as far as no one caring, after all "it's just a cat".

You do what you need to, mourn your baby boy. He's playing happily over the Rainbow Bridge now.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry
The garbage certainly isn't the place your baby should be

Be happy and healthy again at the bridge Sunflower, your going to be missed so much

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been online for a few days, and have just seen your signature, I admired the picture, and then read the words, so I rushed to the Bridge.

I'm so sorry for the loss of Sunflower, he was such a gorgeous baby.

May he Rest in Peace.
Ziggy will look after him for you.