OMG it's horrible here

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have gotten a bunch of snow. Probably about a foot since yesterday afternoon. It tapered off this morning but it's snowing really bad again now. I had go to a few places today and I almost got stuck about five times. This really stinks.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we got about 5 inches, then 1/2 a inch of ice, then about 3 more inches of snow. were supossed to get more snow tonight. I just put my truck in 4 wheel drive and went on my way, had a great time!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yeah, I am so glad we glad the meet-up yesterday and not today!! I think it might have snowed a foot over here

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's the same here. What can you do...it's the price you pay when you live in the North!

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hear you - we got 4 inches this weekend on top of the previous 4 inches of snow and 1/2 inch of underlying ice. I absolutely hate winter driving.

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Samantha, I will HAPPILY trade places with you! I'm not from this area, and I do NOT like the snow!!!!!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've not seen any snow this year. It did snow once, but I had my eyes shut.
and it didn't last long either. We're having a really mild winter so far - which is great, because I work outdoors all year round!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The weather people always make it sound sooooo bad. They said it was going to be the worst snow storm in the last 60 years. Hogwash! Much ado about nothing. Sure driving is bad in the midst of a snowstorm so I stay in. The storms are predicted some days in advance so I buy what I need before the storm hits and then settle back and enjoy the beauty and silence.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's always a price to pay...it's beautiful here most of the year, but we get the snow. Other places it doesn't snow as much (or at all), but they have wild fires, tornados or monsoons...

Personally, I hate snow (actually all my snow issues are driving related...slipping, parking, blah
) but I wouldn't move anywhere else.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know we got about 50-60 cm wich is about 2 feet of snow so I was shoveling my car out this morning I tell you.

I'm beginging to question this whole "Global warming" thing... from where I'm standing in my Parka and Mukluks it's "GLOBAL COOLING!"

And it's suposed to get to -13 tonight and another 5 cm.... Can I move to Arizona!?

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, we've had enough of the snow lately as well! We only know its bad when the news people tell people to get their parked cars off the road or get ticketed and fined! We have a mandatory 4 inches plow rule here!

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

Yeah, we've had enough of the snow lately as well! We only know its bad when the news people tell people to get their parked cars off the road or get ticketed and fined! We have a mandatory 4 inches plow rule here!
I got that ticket when I lived up there! The driveway was too steep and I kept sliding out. Got a ticket for parking on the street.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I brought the snow with me!

Didn't get as much at Bro/SIL's house as did in South Bend(SIL's mom lives there). Wasn't awfully bad. But man, directionally challenged Natalie + snow made my trip back to bro's house long!

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love snow, hate the ice. I have family in Oklahoma that still don't have power, more than a week later. Some of the pictures are incredible - huge trees uprooted. And I am talking 3 foot + diameter trunks.