Amityville house

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I promised in October that the next time I got to my FIL's I would get a picture of the house. We were there today. This house was used for filming the original movie & is around the corner from my FIL's. It has been updated since the filming many years ago. Yes the house was moved. It used to be on the end but they liked the docking area better so they move it one lot over.

Here is a web link about this house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first saw it about 10 years ago it looked just like it did in the movies. Apparently they get too many tourists snapping pictures.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

When I first saw it about 10 years ago it looked just like it did in the movies. Apparently they get too many tourists snapping pictures.
I bet so!

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's pretty. I would live there. Especially since it's not the actual house. While I think the supernaturall demon stuff was made up by the Lutzes, I'm still not keen to live in a place where 5 or 6 peope were brutally murdered.

Tricia

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

It's pretty. I would live there. Especially since it's not the actual house. While I think the supernaturall demon stuff was made up by the Lutzes, I'm still not keen to live in a place where 5 or 6 peope were brutally murdered.

Tricia
I don't believe in what the Lutz family said. They said the "red room" was all creepy and "hidden", when in reality it was just a tiny closet. The house (both original and the one in the movies) is beautiful--too bad the DeFeos had to die. Even with all the problems Butch said there was, they seemed like an okay group of people.

It sure would be interesting living in that house. The real house.... not so much.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's excellent! I was thinking about heading down to that town to see if I could find the house, but I would have NEVER found it if it's BLUE now

Thank you!

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hey thats in my stomping grounds......its very very easy to find Luna. Head right down to good old Toms River. My parents use to love to show me where it was cause it was the house they filmed the movie in and made Toms River famous for a while for something other than bad water...lol Besides changing the color they also changed the windows on the east end of the house.....they use to be half moons and now they are just regular old windows. Even though its just the house the movie was taped in, it is kinda creepy. Never see any lights on in the house, no car in the driveway, curtains always covering the windows, never any signs of life....a little scary. Those pictures just made my day and brought back some funny memories...thank you Crazyforinfo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

That's excellent! I was thinking about heading down to that town to see if I could find the house, but I would have NEVER found it if it's BLUE now

Thank you!
Originally Posted by FootersOwnsMe

hey thats in my stomping grounds......its very very easy to find Luna. Head right down to good old Toms River. My parents use to love to show me where it was cause it was the house they filmed the movie in and made Toms River famous for a while for something other than bad water...lol Besides changing the color they also changed the windows on the east end of the house.....they use to be half moons and now they are just regular old windows. Even though its just the house the movie was taped in, it is kinda creepy. Never see any lights on in the house, no car in the driveway, curtains always covering the windows, never any signs of life....a little scary. Those pictures just made my day and brought back some funny memories...thank you Crazyforinfo.
Your welcome!

It's off main street sorta. We took main street until you hit the dead end and turned left. Now I forget what street it is from there though but it dumps you into Washington Lane.