Just switched to WBCL

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I finally made the switch from clumping clay litter to World's Best Cat Litter after reading the rave reviews about it. I must say I like how there's no dust and it does clump very well, but I noticed that its more smelly than the clay. I walked into the room where her box was so I could scoop the daily clumps, and I immediately noticed the spell of poo which I never smelled with the clay. But, if this is the only drawback, I guess I can deal with it. I like not having a dust cloud when I scoop but P-YEW! Can I add baking soda to it without hindering it's performance?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It should be fine to add baking soda, are they burying their poop? I notice more smell with clay than WBCL (unless it is one of those strong scented litters but they make me sneeze)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

It should be fine to add baking soda, are they burying their poop? I notice more smell with clay than WBCL (unless it is one of those strong scented litters but they make me sneeze)

I notice the poop smell much more immediately after they have pooped in the WBCL, but it goes away pretty quickly and I'm not smelling it when I scoop in the evenings.

Overall, I find the odor to be greatly reduced - with the clay, I was coming home to an apartment that smelled like dirty litterboxes. With the WBCL, I don't notice that anymore.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I notice the poop smell much more immediately after they have pooped in the WBCL, but it goes away pretty quickly and I'm not smelling it when I scoop in the evenings.

Overall, I find the odor to be greatly reduced - with the clay, I was coming home to an apartment that smelled like dirty litterboxes. With the WBCL, I don't notice that anymore.
My experience exactly. When the kitties first use the litterbox the smell is pretty rank (somewhat like our human bathroom after we do our "thing"), but it goes away fairly quickly.

efrost6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

My experience exactly. When the kitties first use the litterbox the smell is pretty rank (somewhat like our human bathroom after we do our "thing"), but it goes away fairly quickly.
Wow, this sounds like our experience with Nature's Miracle. We just bought a bag of WBCL to test.

Has anyone used both and can offer their opinion on which is better?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it was just a fluke after she just finished going. I haven't smelled it since. It does stink when I scoop it out though but I guess that's to be expected. It seems to be working well though.

lunacy95

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do use baking soda mixed in with the WBCL, it still clumps fine. I just scoop like a mad woman... there is a reason at least 2 times a day I call him stinky Jack.