Boots

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boots was one of the stray cats I cared for. You can't tell from this picture but both of his back feet were white so that is where he got his name. He turned out to be a very sweet and affectionate cat. When my brother was here visiting me, Boots used to sit on the end of the driveway next to him while he smoked a cigarette. Just two guys hangin' out lol. I always looked forward to seeing Boots come across the street at dinner time, and to see him again in the morning when I got up. He always came to me for some pets, then went back to the food dish, then to get more pets, then back to the food dish..... He had a huge appetite and we used to laugh about how he was going to be as round as he was long. Then a week ago he suddenly got sick. I took him to the vet and did what I could but his decline was rapid and I decided to end his suffering today.

I'm going to miss you Bootsie Boots. There will be a heaviness in my heart when I put the food out tonight. Your feral best friend Little Orange Boy will probably miss you even more than me and I feel worse for him than I do myself. I know you looked out for each other and I hope he can find a new friend.

So rest in peace sweet boy.
I'm sorry I couldn't do more.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ohhhhhhh gosh. These threads always make me cry because there are so many lucky kitties (even the street ones) with such wonderful people to care for them right till the end!

RIP boots! I am sorry for your loss

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once had a feral kitty named Bootsie. I named him Beau, but my neighbors called him Bootsie and I gave in and called him Bootsie, too.

I'm so sorry you lost your little friend. He looks so intelligent and sweet. I'm sending kind thoughts and prayers for you and Little Orange Boy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind condolences.

Any prayers/thoughts/vibes for Little Orange Boy will be most appreciated. He must be very confused knowing only that his best friend has suddenly disappeared. It was heartbreaking yesterday watching him come across the street looking for Boots. He looked frantic. He searched under my truck and looked over on the bed I had put out for Boots and then ran back across the street, probably thinking that maybe his friend was back wherever it is they go during the day. I have never seen two cats so tightly bonded in friendship; not even among my own clowder.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry.
Rest in Peace boots play well at the bridge, dont forget to check in with your friend

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks again to those who paid their respects to Boots, and thank you "glitch" for sending vibes for Little Orange Boy. He needs them. I thought nobody was going to answer my special request. I appreciate for Little Orange Boy's sake that you did.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your and Little Orange Boy's loss. Poor guy; I hope hope he gets through this well. Maybe you can try to explain Boot's disappearance and passing to him. I know some say that animals really do understand you if you explain things to them.

Vibes for sweet Little Orange Boy.

Tricia

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, and so sorry that it split a good friendship up, can you get close to Little Orange Boy? IF so, you could have a chat with him and explain what has happened, it might help. RIP little one.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i like that idea, i sometimes think they do understand more then many people give them credit for.

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

RIP Boots. Watch over your buddy Little Orange Boy.
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

I'm sorry for your and Little Orange Boy's loss. Poor guy; I hope hope he gets through this well. Maybe you can try to explain Boot's disappearance and passing to him. I know some say that animals really do understand you if you explain things to them.

Vibes for sweet Little Orange Boy.

Tricia
Originally Posted by booktigger

I am so sorry for your loss, and so sorry that it split a good friendship up, can you get close to Little Orange Boy? IF so, you could have a chat with him and explain what has happened, it might help. RIP little one.
Originally Posted by theimp98

i like that idea, i sometimes think they do understand more then many people give them credit for.
Thank you everybody for your good wishes. Little Orange Boy is completely feral. Thanks to Boots' mentorship I am able to get a lot closer to him than I used to so I have sat down and spoken to him a couple of times about Boots' passing. If Boots had been around longer I think Little Orange Boy may have tamed up. He doesn't stay around my house as long anymore since his buddy isn't here. He does lay on Boots' bed for a while at night though. He learned that a little comfort is not such a bad thing.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about little Bootsie Boots. I understand how close you can get to the "strays" that you care for. Even though you don't have a lot of interaction with them, somehow they pull at your heartstrings as much as those that live with you.

And sending very strong to Little Orange Boy that he recovers from the loss of his friend. It is so sad to watch them grieve for their friends.

You and I are alike in some ways. My feral colony consisted of cats by the names of Tan Foot, Blackie, Pale Face, Cross-Eyed Larry, Little Mom. And I cried when each of them crossed. I truly understand your pain.

to you and for Orange Boy