How many people buy Christmas presents for their pets?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This will be our first real Christmas (with a tree and everything) with our zoo. Who buys presents for their pets, and who wraps them and puts them under the tree?

When I was growing up we had one dog, Sabre, a german shepard. My parents would get him a present, wrap it and put it under the tree with the rest. Christmas morning, he would be the first to open his present. He would sniff around all the boxes (my parents were evil and would hide it), but he would always find it, tear the wrapping off and happily trot away, lay down and play while we opened our presents.

Anyway, we bought presents for the dogs and cats. The dogs are probably going to get theirs outside (but still wrapped), and the cats will find theirs on the cat tree (along with a lot of cat nip).

So, how do you give your pets their presents?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure do!!!!! We have 7 Stockings hung up and only 2 of them are for people

I feel like a freak every time I walk inside. I never knew I had so many pets! Each stocking is stuffed to about the brim!!!!

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We always give our pets presents for Christmas.
In fact we even give our close family member's pets presents!
I will buy a big bag of treats and split it up for the other pets. Just a little something extra for them! We wrap the dog's presents (usually a squeak toy) because they will tear into them
So much fun to watch!! But I have stopped wrapping the cat's because they won't open them. But they still enjoy their new toys too!!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have always bought xmas presents for our pets.
Our old dog Taz (who I grew up with) used to get his own stocking and my grandma would send a present over for him every year. He would get soooo excited when he got his present from grandma and carry it around for hours, wag his tail and "smile".

I even like to wrap one in safe paper for Charlie.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YES.
We have three stockings over the fireplace in different sizes, Saba has a little tiny one, she is only 4.5 lbs and Moochy our dog, who loves her kitties
, has the big one. They get all kinds of treats...

....but this year....the kits are getting... an electric tarantula!!!:

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wait till you hear this!

I buy my cats not only christmas gifts, but also birthday! AND they have their own christmas stocking and tree ornament personalized with their name. They also have their own record book, filled with info and pictures of them.

I brought my newt an new 10 gallon tank, and for my pet cockroaches (there exotics species, not for the faint of heart) I brought them a 20 gallon tank, they grow up to 3 inches long.

Beat that! LOL

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Pet stockings - yes, pet Christmas (and birthday) presents - yes, wrapped - no. I don't wrap most presents, though - why waste the paper?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by keith p

I brought my newt an new 10 gallon tank, and for my pet cockroaches (there exotics species, not for the faint of heart) I brought them a 20 gallon tank, they grow up to 3 inches long.

Beat that! LOL
Hissing roaches? I bet your newt would just love a snack of roach nymphs.
I've considered breeding some of the smaller tropical species -for reptile food though. They're clean, don't smell (like crickets), or chirp.

I don't buy my cats gifts for Christmas.
They get stuff year round if I see something I think they'll like while I'm shopping.
Originally Posted by jcat

I don't wrap most presents, though - why waste the paper?
We use gift bags and gift boxes, then reuse them next year.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

We use gift bags and gift boxes, then reuse them next year.
That's what we use for relatives/friends, and usually get back the following year.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure do! Infact between what I get for them and the things they get from their furry cousins(my brother and sisters pets) they have more stuff under the tree then I do.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do! I also buy them some special food so that they can have a special dinner too!

I do have 2 small stockings for Chynna and Abby, but they are in my decorations box in the storage room. And since I don't decorate anymoreI haven't put them up. But they definitely get gifts and special goodies

The lady who comes to assist me with a shower has 2 Chinchillas. I was asking her if she gives them gifts. She does!
She also has stockings for each one and buys them new toys and special treats and they each get a mini box of raisins to knaw through in order to get the raisins inside.

I love people who love their pets and treat them special!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol sure sometimes, We used to have a dog, who would try apart a package you would give him,

for the cats, sometimes just wrap a empty box, they like that more then most stuff haha.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine have been totally spoiled this season by their aunties who have sent toys. I should not have to buy any for a good couple of - months?

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

This will be our first real Christmas (with a tree and everything) with our zoo. Who buys presents for their pets, and who wraps them and puts them under the tree?

When I was growing up we had one dog, Sabre, a german shepard. My parents would get him a present, wrap it and put it under the tree with the rest. Christmas morning, he would be the first to open his present. He would sniff around all the boxes (my parents were evil and would hide it), but he would always find it, tear the wrapping off and happily trot away, lay down and play while we opened our presents.

Anyway, we bought presents for the dogs and cats. The dogs are probably going to get theirs outside (but still wrapped), and the cats will find theirs on the cat tree (along with a lot of cat nip).

So, how do you give your pets their presents?
I buy Chanakkah presents for my pets.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, sure they get presents! They're family. Our lot have never got the idea about looking for and opening their gifts, but silly Mum still wraps them and puts them with all the other prezzies -- and eventually has to open them for the kitties.

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sure! Our family always had stockings for the dogs, Io and Circe - and we'll continue the tradition with gifts for Ares and Hypnos

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've always bought gifts for the kits and dog. In fact I just wrapped them today.. Squee was watching and I told her to cover her eyes or she'd ruin the surprise.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this year, but it is going to be the last year - they get things all year round when I see something I think they will like (so really, i like the look of it, and they wil probably ignore it), and they get a special meal, but next year, I am going to save the money and buy toys/food for cats in rescue that dont have a home of their own.