How many times have you been proposed to?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do the ones when you were kids count? If so I think then twice...once by my next door neighbor when we were 8 or 9 and the other official proposal was by my soon to be DH.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three times.

The first was back in the early 1980's. I accepted but backed out 5 months before the wedding. He was very abusive and a compulsive liar. I finally opened my eyes and came to realize that I didn't want to spend my life being beaten up and constantly lied to.

The second time was in the late 1980's. I had been dating him for 18 months. He was separated and his "ex" lived in another province with some guy. I told him that he had no right to propose marriage to me when he wasn't even free to do so, and after he was divorced to ask me again. We broke up before that when I caught him in the act of cheating.

The third time was in 2000. However we broke up late in 2001 when I found out he was cheating on me. He ended up marrying the girl he cheated with. I heard from him either earlier this year or late last year. Apparently they were separate and divorcing and he said that the worse thing he ever did was to let me go. He wanted to see me again. I told him that I had moved on and so should he. He cheated once, he'll cheat again. I don't want to live my life like that. So I left him in my past despite still having strong feelings for him.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Twice for me....

Once in 1976.... I broke up with him while he was in the army. He called me from Colorado, where he was stationed to let me know that he got an apartment off base. I was all set to give up everything here and join him there when I found out that he had a roommate in his one bedroom apartment. That roommate's name was PAM!!!!!!! And she "gave" him a gift called "The Clap"!!! I broke up with him then and there. For months after that, his mom tried to get us back together but once a cheater, always a cheater.

The second time was my DH in 1978 and we married in 1979.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Do the ones when you were kids count? If so I think then twice...once by my next door neighbor when we were 8 or 9
I was proposed to twice before I was six years old, the one boy even picked a bouquet of weeds and gave them to me.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Four times. The first one I accepted then backed out prior to the wedding. The second is my X. The third one was sweet but there was no way that I'd marry him. For my fourth, we are going on our 18th wedding anniversary on 12/30.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Twice. I married only the latter, but we're now divorced--and get along better than ever!!

He was a spoiled Moma's boy--the baby. That didn't help things at all, but he's a very nice guy. I've gotten over the hard feelings.

From now on, I'll be glad to take a big diamond ring just to have
but, I don't see myself getting married again.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
3 times, once in high school ( it was for real, he bought the ring and everything) but he joined the army and I got... lonely
biggest mistake I've ever made

2nd ime was about 2 years later, then I found out he had been cheating on me almost the entire time we were together

3rd one I actually married, and then subsequently divorced!

Don't ever want to be asked again