Hi. I'm Sara.

xyaykittiesx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a kitty named Lucy. Not sure what breed she is. Probably a mix. I'm not feeling well, so I'll have to add more later. I hate forgetting what I was going to post.

-Sara

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi Sara, welcome to TheCatSite. I am so glad that you have joined this wonderful community.
I just know that Lucy is a sweetie pie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xyaykittiesx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hola everyone!

I'm feeling a lot better. I had bronchitis.

Lucy is a sweetie-pie. She came to us last February, and we fed her and kept her in our garage. She was declawed and was spayed apparently, because she hasn't gotten pregnant. YAY! I love kittens, but there are too many kitties without homes.

We thought there was something peculiar about the cat being declawed and spayed. We didn't know if she belonged to someone and ran away or what. So we kept an eye out for lost cat signs, and we took her to the vet to see if she had a microchip. She did not.

We then brought her inside to live in my room upstairs. Charcoal HATED her. Then I kicked her out because she peed on my bed. She seems to enjoy being outside anyway.

-Sara

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad that you are feeling better Sara.

It is very dangerous for a declawed kitty to be outside because they have no protection. Lucy could be hurt very easily.
If inappropriate peeing is an issue, read the sticky threads in TCS's behavior forum and the health forum.
Also, if you haven't already done it, a check by a vet to rule out illness, would be a good idea.
Please find a way to bring Lucy inside.

xyaykittiesx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know if I can bring her inside. I can't tell she doesn't like it, because when she's in my room, she will yowl and wait by the stairs. Lucy doesn't get along with Charcoal either.

I feel bad for feeding her the first time, because if I wouldn't have, she might've found another family with no cats to fight with. She might not've even peed!

):

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Sara! Welcome to the Cat Site!

Hope you are feeling better & can post more soon

Can't wait to hear more & see photos of Lucy!

Best Wishes to you & Lucy! Enjoy the forums

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sara... you did what you thought was best for Lucy.

If you agree that Lucy cannot be an outside cat because she is declawed, then one way or another, a solution to this problem must be found quickly. Lucy's safety is at stake.
If bringing her inside is no longer an option, then your job might be to find a safe, no kill shelter or rescue group to take her in.

Lucy's peeing on your bed was a symptom of a health or behavior problem or possibly both. Introducing a new cat into a home with a cat who is already settled in, can be done, but it does require that you know how to do it properly.

Because this New Cats forum is mainly for the introduction of new members, you will receive more feedback about this, if you start a new thread about Lucy's problems in the Behavior Forum.
At the top of that forum is a "sticky" thread titled Inappropriate Peeing Problems Answered. Please read that excellent thread.
There are options to leaving Lucy outside....
I hope that you find a solution that works for you, you family and sweet Lucy.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried to find a home for her where she could be an only kitty? Or get her on a waiting list for a no-kill shelter?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Have you tried to find a home for her where she could be an only kitty? Or get her on a waiting list for a no-kill shelter?
In the mean time, because the weather is so cold....
could you make a warm bed for her in the Garage and keep her there?
Be sure to keep her litter box, food and water there too.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

xyaykittiesx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OH! Lucy DEFINITELY has a warm place to stay. I have a bunch of clothes and blankets laying around out there from when I moved to my grandma's. She'll sleep on those, but if it's still cold on the floor, she sleeps on the top of a mattress that's turned up sideways. Which means it's up closer to heat, and is a fabric too.

I couldn't dream of giving Lucy away. Of course, I would if I had to. How long would you say it's safe to find a solution before I give her away?

This is sad...

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Sara
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you, Charcoal and Lucy to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

Thank you so much for worrying about Lucy, I hope that you can find a way to help her find an inside home one way or another.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xyaykittiesx

OH! Lucy DEFINITELY has a warm place to stay. I have a bunch of clothes and blankets laying around out there from when I moved to my grandma's. She'll sleep on those, but if it's still cold on the floor, she sleeps on the top of a mattress that's turned up sideways. Which means it's up closer to heat, and is a fabric too.

I couldn't dream of giving Lucy away. Of course, I would if I had to. How long would you say it's safe to find a solution before I give her away?

This is sad...
I am glad that Lucy has a warm place were she can escape the cold.
Only you can decide and act on your decisions about Lucy's care.