I have the best mom

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So, a couple of months ago, I was on the phone with my mom when I was taking clothes out of the dryer and saw that they had burned some of my work scrubs. They have also burned one of DH's shirts, some socks, underwear, and several other shirts. I dunno why.

So day before yesterday my mom says she is having someone come out and clean out the lint. Says that might be the problem. I laugh and tell her not to worry about it, I know it is just old. She said that they bought it when they moved into this house (I rent it from them now, they moved). I laughed again and said that was 4 years ago!

I try to convince her not to worry about paying someone to come out and clean the lint, I am hoping to buy a new washer and dryer next year with tax return money.

So I come home yesterday after my last final, and do some things around the house, change clothes, and then go into the kitchen to get a drink. I notice some stuff on the counter that looked like it might have come out from under the dryer, so I go to check where they cleaned out the lint. I open the curtain, and there is a brand new dryer! All wrapped up with a bow on it! I can't believe it. It was such a wonderful surprise. I wasn't expecting it at all. My dad is not working, and has had several toes removed, and they don't have insurance. My parents have not had a good year at all and can barely afford to pay their bills, but yet, my mom did this for me. I wish I could help them out so much, and know soon I will be able to. I am almost done with school, and will be in a better place to help them.

I just wanted to share how great my mom is and how much I love her.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww...that's a great story! You do have a great mom!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes ma'am, you obviously got lucky when they handed out moms. I'll bet she was worried that an overheating dryer might be dangerous, and she's probably right. What a sweet thing to do for you!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

How sweet! Your mom sounds like a wondeful, caring woman. And you sound like a wonderful, caring daughter....it's no wonder where you got it from!
Well said. What a neat thing, though!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that was really a beautiful thing for her to do and then to hear that you are going to help her, too, thats a beautiful relationship
You both are very lucky.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww, bless her! That was such a sweet thing to do and it's sweet of you the way you talk of being there for her too....ya'll are lucky to have each other!

harlowquin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is such a wonderful thing your mom did. I'll bet she was worried that if your old dryer was getting that hot it could catch on fire. She was more than likely really worried about your safety. I am a mom and I know I would do anything to make sure my daughter was safe. I will say a little prayer that things start looking up for your folks. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

How sweet! Your mom sounds like a wondeful, caring woman. And you sound like a wonderful, caring daughter....it's no wonder where you got it from!
Thanks. I really try. I can't wait until I can do more. She told me how proud of me she was that I went back to school (and have made all A's). I always told her I would go back... I just didn't realize it would take 10 years!

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Yes ma'am, you obviously got lucky when they handed out moms. I'll bet she was worried that an overheating dryer might be dangerous, and she's probably right. What a sweet thing to do for you!
I tried to tell her that it was fine, except the timer didn't work and it burned my clothes. She said that wasn't fine...

Originally Posted by harlowquin

That is such a wonderful thing your mom did. I'll bet she was worried that if your old dryer was getting that hot it could catch on fire. She was more than likely really worried about your safety. I am a mom and I know I would do anything to make sure my daughter was safe. I will say a little prayer that things start looking up for your folks. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.
Yeah, she was worried about it overheating. She said it shouldn't get that hot. Sometimes I could barely touch the clothes that were in there. Sometimes they were just warm. Thanks for the prayer. They need all they can get right now. My dad is really having a hard time this year. That makes life hard on my mom, and I can barely handle not being able to help more. Graduation in 5 months! Then I can help you mom!!