OMG!! Da Bird...everyone is right!!

hollow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I got the Da Bird yesterday and OMG. I could not even get it unraveled and put together before Baloo and Callie saw it and Baloo even started crawling up my leg (ouch!).
He went nuts over this thing (course he is a hog, typical 5 month old boy, Callie or Abby can't be loved on and here he comes, hogging the affection, or toy or what ever).
He jumped summer-saults (sp?) over and over, slide around on the wood floor, but the funny thing was is that he really didn't want to carry it off he just wanted to catch it then back off and wait for me to move it again. He played so hard that, that he finally laid on the floor panting like a dog, it sorta scared me so I put it up for a minute, then thinking well he is worn out so Callie can play with it.....nope. I guess he would have put himself into heart attack before he would stop!
Talking about panting like a dog.....this sweetie pie boy, I swear, is a dog in a cats body. He plays fetch, comes, sits, eats loud (smacking, like a dog will). You can ask him a question and he will meow the typical meow, but then I can say....Baloo, say mama and he does this funny meow, sounds deep and like...maw-maw! Just love it!!!
Sorry go too long winded here...but don't we all like to brag?

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He played so hard that, that he finally laid on the floor panting like a dog
Forrest did this too the first few times he played with DaBird. I was afraid I was going to give him a heart attack. He's 7 month old now and this toy is the only one I've found that can really wear him out. Used before bedtime he'll sleep all night.

If he catches the toy he'll immediately try to run off with it - it's like reeling in an 8lb fish
. Sometimes the rod pulls apart and I have to chase him through the house with the feathers in his mouth and the string and pole trailing behind him.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can make your own
I have got some cloth scraps, heavy thread, and a wooden dowel, and made my own. It's very sturdy and Baby goes nuts for it!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd get one but Popsie probably wouldn't play with it. For some reason he just doesn't like cat toys.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Hmmm, maybe I need to get one of those!
I actually might go get one this weekend. If it's as good as they say then Popsie should play with it.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

You can make your own
I have got some cloth scraps, heavy thread, and a wooden dowel, and made my own. It's very sturdy and Baby goes nuts for it!
I make cat toys and honestly, for pole based toys I don't come close to da Bird. The thing that is different about da Bird is that the feather toy is attached to the string with a device that reminds me of the thing that makes a fishing lure spin. When you play with it, the feather toy spins in random patterns that make it look like it is a bird in flight. I've even gotten my overweight boy to play with it and he doesn't play with any other toy.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!! you guys are making me soooo jealous!! i ordered da bird and fling a ma string off of ebay for christmas and i am waiting not so patiently!!!!! (cant find either toy in canada)

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It is simply hands down the best interactive wand I have found
Ares and Hypnos go crazy
over it!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this toy! Makes my kitty happy!
2 of the dogs even like it too (but they don't get to play with it...not a good dog toy)

red scathach

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kittens love da bird... so much that we had to purchase feather refills because they have absolutely destroyed the feathers already. I can't believe how ballistic the cats go over this toy.

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We just got one yesterday and it's a hit with ALL THREE of mine---even fat Felix who is usually "too good" to play with anything! The wirehairs were flying like Bengals and Sheba would growl when she caught the birdie!

Definitely worth the investment!!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys love it too! They got one for Christmas from their wonderful Auntie Eithne!

They are so crazy with it, its impossible to get photos

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hennessy got one of these for Christmas (but Mummy couldn't wait and opened it)...

He loves things he can chase but I've never seen him THAT enthralled.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

Hennessy got one of these for Christmas (but Mummy couldn't wait and opened it)...

He loves things he can chase but I've never seen him THAT enthralled.
Um... so, last night he managed to get the toy out of my (locked!) bedroom.... now I need new attachments.
It works all right.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All three of mine go crazy for it. I don't know what it is about Da Bird in particular that they prefer, but for some reason it's far superior to other feather-on-a-string toys. When Tailer was younger he'd chase it so hard he'd pant, but he stops before he gets to that point now.