Mercury caught a mouse!

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Matt just called me to let me know that Mercury caught a mouse and was playing with it. I don't know whether I should be proud of Mercury for getting the mouse or totally grossed out that I apparently have mice!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Better a mouse than a song bird! Watching cats play with the mice before killing it brings new meaning to the term "cat and mouse game." Think of your cat as a live-in exterminator.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be very proud! It's always nice knowing one of the cats got a mouse instead of it running around in the house! I wouldn't be grossed out, mice get into many houses.

mia's mommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mia catches and kills spiders and ants and leaves that blow in from outdoors. At least u have cat to catch your mice when i lived with my parents (my dad doesn't care for cats) we had mice and the dogs weren't allowed in the house so all we had were mouse traps. lol

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Aunt Lotty's late cat used to hunt chipmunks where they live in the Catskills. Pussygirl (that was what my Aunt named her!) used to catch them and bite off their heads. Then, she would open the screen door and hide that dead chipmunk in the house. The only way we would know is when it started to smell. Her favorite place to hide it was under my cousin's bed.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dad's cat hunted mice like a pro when I was a kid. Oddly enough, though, she never ever laid a paw on my hamsters (well, that we know of).

My Dad caught the hamster out of its cage once, sitting with both cats, neither of whom was even looking at him.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Be happy as Kitters caught a mouse in our house and LET IT GO IN MY BED!!!!!! ALIVE! So.. teach the kitty to kill it!
Kitters was teaching you how to kill it. She caught it and brought it to you so you could practice.