How do you feel about your cat?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took the survey. The only question I wasn't sure about was the one about cats and families with kids. It was just a yes or no question. I think it depends on whether the parents take the time to show small children how to play with and handle a cat and then are consistent in making sure the child does handle the cat properly.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Denice

I took the survey. The only question I wasn't sure about was the one about cats and families with kids. It was just a yes or no question. I think it depends on whether the parents take the time to show small children how to play with and handle a cat and then are consistent in making sure the child does handle the cat properly.
I put that in the last box about what other questions should have been asked
It depends on the cat too, there are some at the shelter I wouldn't dream of sending home with younger children because the cats are just too unpredictable

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the "what questions should we ask" part at the end, I wrote:

If your cat scratches your furniture, jumps on counters, knocks stuff off shelves, shreds your toilet paper/shower curtain, would you want to punish and/or declaw it?

I said if the answer to ANY of that is yes, then they are NOT a good candidate to own a cat.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just took the survey and had to skip a few questions because they were yes or no and felt it depends on situation.......Hope it helps!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Denice

Yes, I agree. The way the question was phrased and my inability to expand on my answer, I just said "No".

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

For the "what questions should we ask" part at the end, I wrote:

If your cat scratches your furniture, jumps on counters, knocks stuff off shelves, shreds your toilet paper/shower curtain, would you want to punish and/or declaw it?

I said if the answer to ANY of that is yes, then they are NOT a good candidate to own a cat.
Excellent! I didn't even think about that!

Now that you mention stuff like that, I wish I had thought to mention something about cats liking to be awake at night and wanting to play!!!