he's a NASTY little

megan70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi,

my "lovely 1 " chilli, is the nastiest kid at the moment!
he has gone thru some major things of late and had his tail amputated 5 weeks ago, i am considerate of this.... VERY, but its becoming a little wearing for us all!!
besse refuses to come inside and insists on the downstairs area, and the 4 of us are covered in scratches and bites!

he launches attacks on unsuspecting family members while walking thru the house, if his dinner isn't served quick enough he'll swat and bite our ankles, he won't let anybody pet him without kicking the absolute crap out of you and poor besse has been "ridden" and bashed up when ever she catches his eye!

we have tried....
* rescue remedy
*a visit back to the vet - including many calls
* cardboard boxes adorn our home - he likes to hide and play
* lots of supervised out door play
* heaps of toys
* ahhhh it goes on....... maybe spoiled brat cat??!

have just resorted to ignorance! he don't like that much!! little turd attacks you then has a chat and sits in front of us and looks at us as if we are crazy!!! after a nasty little episode just now, i came in here and started researching he came in and wanted to chat and see what was doing, i kicked him out! hubby has just arrived home to the most endearing welcome, give him 5 mins and he'll be bleeding!

ahhhhhh thats much better! hahahahahahahaha

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder about asking the vet to try him on a mild analgesic, some kind of pain med, to see if things improve when he's on it for a day or two - it would tell you if he's still having pain from the tail trouble.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by megan70

eye!we have tried...
*a visit back to the vet - including many calls
What did your vet say?
Did he/she make any suggestions that might help?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Larke

I wonder about asking the vet to try him on a mild analgesic, some kind of pain med, to see if things improve when he's on it for a day or two - it would tell you if he's still having pain from the tail trouble.
This is exactly what I was going to recommend. This sounds very much like a kitty that's having problems with pain. Make sure you discuss this option with your vet, however, because aspirin will kill a cat.

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

megan70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello,

the vet idn't asy much at all!!??? he said he is doing nicely and looked at me like ad idiot when i suggested depression. he suggested 'i shouldn't suffer it' ??

he was on metacam but on a little research i discovered it is linked to renal failure/problems. chilli was experiencing this after his 1st bout at vet. i still have it but reluctant to use it.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the others that it sounds like he's still in some pain. Perhaps a second opinion? A vet who is genuinely going to help you is one who will listen seriously to your concerns and discuss them with you. You know your cat, and you know when something is up. I would honestly try another vet and start again, and see what they say. I know it can be expensive but it is worth it for your kitty's health and happiness, and your sanity!