Something wrong with Eek

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My baby boy has decided its time to worry mommy.

He's been sleeping alot more than normal, not hardly eating, not hardly drinking, and his extra eyelids are out. Also it looked like he was crying, had brown tinge down side of right eye...

One minute he is like that, the next he is playing! He plays for a couple minutes, then goes back to being sick!

If anyone has any Idea of what this may be please let me know! I will be taking him to the vet tomarrow but that seems like a long time to wait if there is something really wrong. His gums are real light pink, nose is dry....

I dont know anymore, I dont think I can handle another loss!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I don't have any suggestions. I hope he's okay

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my first instinct would be to think that this might be a little eye infection --nothing too serious. Does the extra eyelid look red or pinkish? My cat had that happen recently and it was just a simple eye infection. As long as he is still eating and drink a little I wouldn't rush him to an emergency vet. I am no expert--but that is my opinion. Take a breath--it will be ok!!

that he will be ok!!

For you!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya, His extra eyelid was pink and around his eyes is pink too! I probably am so paranoid yet from losing Glitch that I over analyze things, but Ive never seen his extra eyelids up till today and the way he is acting is just weird. One second he is fine, the next he is so tired you can pick him up without waking him!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today Eek is extra tired, not really playing, not doing much. Cant get him to the vet till Monday, No opening. Hoping extra TLC will cut it, dont think so! He is losing a little weight, his tail and the rest of his body is twitching. I just dont know...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I would try to get him into a vet before Monday. If there is an ER vet I would take him.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If he is twitching, you need to get him to an Emergency Vet tonight, not Monday.

Please let us know what the vet says.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They said they couldn't get him in and to try sugar??? Whats up with that? They also told me to give him a bath and that something may be on his fur! They can see him in the morning but isn't sugar for diabetics??? Im lost. I dont know anymore!! I dont want to give him a bath because he has an awful time keeping warm already! The sugar thing I can handle....weird, but Ill do it...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When very tiny kittens are having trouble feeding or keeping warm, sometimes corn syrup (sugar) on their gums will raise their blood sugar enough to make them feed. If they are lethargic, sometimes they will not nurse & can die easily. But I always thought that was for very young kittens, like a few days old.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya, he's like 7 weeks old right now so I dont know what the heck they're talking about! The vet on call is a large animal vet and doesn't do kittens... he'd do a dog but not kittens! He is very sleepy and normally he's not like that. He hasn't really eaten and Ive noticed BooBoo has been stepping back and trying to let him eat first, and then he'll eat. Eek still isn't eating enough though. What the heck am I doing wrong??

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're not doing anything wrong - he's probably got a URI. Sometimes the third eyelid will come up when they have a fever.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey I got meds for that! I have some left over from Glitch! Is it okay to give to Eek just as long as I dont use the same dropper??

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
No. It is never good to self-medicate cats without a proper diagnosis.
If his condition seems to be deteriorating, I urge you to call the vet again.

Good luck.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG!! What is going on now????Is eek ok????????? I am scared to death!
Please come back on Glitch!!!!!! I can't stand it! I haven't been online in a few days and I found this and the last post was 6:22 am!!! I am praying for you and eek!!!!
Monique

I can't hardly stand the vets I have ever talked to on call! They have always been rude and had a could care-less attitude!
I thought , hey if you don't want to help animals after hours, then don't be signing up to be on call!
Animal Parents are scared to death if they are calling after hours, and that is the last thing they need is for the vet to be rude, the one guy told me, (about GiGi, whenever she had been bitten by a snake) it's gonna be about
$350.00 just for me to look at her tonight! In other words, you can't afford for me to even look at her, and I don't care if she dies! Is exactly how I took that statement! I wouldn't have brought my cat to that a--hole if MY life depended on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
(((((((GLITCH))))))))) no advice but prayers for you and EEK!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eek is still sick I did have him to vet in the middle of the night, they wanted to keep him in there but then told me they weren't going to be there with him and so I took my handy dandy bottle of IV solution home with me. They also told me "Hey, we dont have anyone here to do lab tests until monday, You're just going to have to wait"!

I was Like " You wanna wait on this buddy???"

His third eyelid is still showing, the part around it is very red and irritated at this point, he's dehydrated and has stopped eating. He hasn't twitched since last night so Im hoping that was just dehydration but I Have no idea and Im going to see the regular vet that my kittys see at 10:00am tomarrow morning and get regular tests!

Also, Vet didn't even answer the after hours number, I looked up the phone number of the one who's name I knew and called them at HOME! They can just deal with it, my baby needs help and Im willing to pay what it takes so what do they care? They are making darn good cash off me!
He stays with me all day at this point not leaving my side and has got me really worried. He's lost some weight, that doesn't help. I cant wait to see normal vet in the morning! I hope its nothing terrible!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know whats up, everytime Im on here, no one else is... I guess Im going to leave now, Ill let you know tomarrow.