Introdutions going better than I thought possible!!

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We came home with a new kitten on Tuesday night. He was my Christmas present and to be a playmate for our younger cat Pooka. Well, the first night we let the other cats (the girls) sniff the new guy through the carrier. Well Trinity hissed and ran off (exactly as I expected) but Pooka sniffed but didn't hiss, so we decided to let them meet face to face--well he loved her immediately! He walked right up and tried to head-butt her! That was when she hissed. Just a little too friendly too fast. We put him in the separate room and loved on the girls to reassure them. The next day Pooka wouldn't leave the door to the new guy's room. So we let him out to play. He and our Dachshund (Poe) just started playing immediately! We were thrilled. The new kitten was afraid of our mutt (Mikomi) but has already gotten used to her (by this evening) The little boy still wanted to love on Pooka or play with her. She was more tolerant this time and by the end of the day she actually played with him a little!
Then today they have done nothing BUT play!! When we put him in his room she cries for him until we let him out!!
I'm ecstatic!! Two days and she hates to be separated from him!!
He was definitely the right kitten for our family!! Trinity is even tolerating him!! She normally hates any new animal for at least a month. This evening they were both sitting in my lap! I am just so happy!! He is also very attached to both me and DH! I am hoping that by the end of the week they will cuddling!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad it's going so well for you

I had an easy time with my intros too, less than a week and the 3 were cuddling

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

I'm glad it's going so well for you

I had an easy time with my intros too, less than a week and the 3 were cuddling
you mean they aren't all litter mates??!!?? I have read several of your posts and just thought that they were all litter mates! They just seem that close!

Oh I hope my two will be that close!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, not littermates. They are from the same breeder though.

Demetri and Ana do have the same father, but different mothers. Demetri was 9 months when Farley and Ana came aged 6 & 3 months

red scathach

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is so awesome! I was so happy our 15 year old got used to both of our kittens after a week. They now snuggle together when they feel cold. So cute!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Red Scathach

That is so awesome! I was so happy our 15 year old got used to both of our kittens after a week. They now snuggle together when they feel cold. So cute!
oh, that is wonderful!! I just love it when kitties cuddle!!