cat clothing?

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today i saw the cutest thing, a little cat shirt, it says "if you think i am cute you should see my MOM" well of course i bought it for Boo, since it was too small for Callie. When i came home tonight i put it on her and sent her on her way. I have been in tears laughing since. All she will do is walk backwards and try to walk on her two hind feet. Callie, seeing the excitement, got all excited and scared? at the way her friend was acting, and now she is sitting on the top of my monitor with her hair all fuzzed up looking like she stuck her tail in the electric socket and her eyes all big and bugged out growling! I know, thats probably mean of me to laugh instead of taking it off but it was so cute, i wish i had a video camera! Has anyone else made their cat wear clothing? Should i take it off or hope she gets used to it?

erinca7821

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I made Seamus wear a Santa hat... he was not happy... running backwards and all... when he finally settled down, I got a couple pictures and took it off... once in a while I'll get a bandana on him too... but he'll just sit with that on and not move for a while.

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by erinca7821

I made Seamus wear a Santa hat... he was not happy... running backwards and all... when he finally settled down, I got a couple pictures and took it off... once in a while I'll get a bandana on him too... but he'll just sit with that on and not move for a while.
I put a green and white striped sweater on my cat.
He came home without it.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's hard enough to get Pepper to wear her collar. I saw the CUTEST sweater at PetSmart the other day, though, so I might try to get her to wear it

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
haha, this is really common behavior but cats that are harness trained will tolerate clothing MUCH better.

I recommend taking the time to harness train your kitties if you want them to wear clothes in comfort ")

my cats would do the "backward walk" and the "army crawl" until they got used to their harnesses

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We put a cat Harness on King a while ago and all he did was lay on his side and slide across the floor.. it was the funniest thing ever cause he refused to walk!!

Then about a week ago I put the dogs Hoody on King ((the Hoody is to small for our dog so it fit King almost perfectly)) and he didnt slide across the floor.. instead he kinda walked along the wall and very slowly. It was so funny.. we ended up leaving it on him for a lil bit to see what he'd do and he seemed to be fine with it.

Its funny how cats react to these things!!!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can remember when Brandy was a kitten and we bought him his first collar...we put it on him, and he did the 'backward' walk
it was amusing for a while, but in the end we took it off him...poor kitty didn't want it!

Shark and Arwen reacted in the same way with their collars, we also took them off as they didn't take to them really well..it was funny watching the pair of them try to get them off though

Now, none of my kitties wear collars, they just hate them!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

We put a cat Harness on King a while ago and all he did was lay on his side and slide across the floor.. it was the funniest thing ever cause he refused to walk!!
The one time my parents tried to put a harness on Smog--it was a special one that was advertised as 'escape-proof' (HA!)--the cat first hunkered down and wouldn't move, then he leapt straight up in the air, turned a mid-air summersault, and came down without the harness.

Zane won't wear a collar. I got him one from the ALA store with the Dewey number for 'cats' on it, but he kept scratching at it with his hind leg, and once or twice got his leg hooked inside the collar (I had tightened it as much as I could without choking him)! We gave up at that point.

I've never tried putting a sweater or t-shirt on him; he'd probably take my arm off if I tried.