Who Else is in the Midst of this Blizzard?!

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm up here in the Hudson Valley, NY... and we are having a doozy of a storm! Who's in this with me? I'm not looking forward to picking Jess up from work... ugh. Gotta shovel out the car...

... sigh.

I did stick my finger out and grab some snow from the roof for Kit, haha, since he's never seen snow... he licked it off my finger til it dripped on his paw, and then he cleaned the nasties off

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Toronto is getting dumped on right now. It started at about 11 am (it's now 4), and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not yet! But I just heard that they're predicting 3-6 inches of snow plus ice between Saturday morning and Saturday evening.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're getting dumped on as well. Not as much as Connecticut of Massachusetts, but we're getting it. I left work at 1:45, and didnt get home till 3:20ish. It should only take me less than an hour.

So after this storm, we clean up, and prepare for another one Saturday night/ Sunday. It's this time of the year that makes me want to move to Florida or someplace warm.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in Western NY, we got about 7-8 inches. Supossed to get slammed Sunday and monday i cant wait!!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

Toronto is getting dumped on right now. It started at about 11 am (it's now 4), and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon.
It has stopped out this way but it has gotten colder and is icy out there

karicassie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live in Minnesota, we had our snow storm a few weeks back, it is times like this that I am glad I don't drive or work, I don't have to go out there unless I want to.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Southeastern Massachusetts checking in!
Nine inches of snow and still snowing!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Southeastern Massachusetts checking in!
Nine inches of snow and still snowing!
You called it!!! Hope that 1% of shopping is done

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, just got back from MA after DRIVING THROUGH the snow storm. We left at 10 AM and got back to the office at 6:00 pm.

It took us 4 hours to get through CT at 20 mph.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Started snowing here around 3:00 and still coming down. I'd guess around 5 inches so far enough to make it a night to stay home and off the roads..And darn cold 10' degrees outside my window now!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My niece's car broke down on the highway. She had to abandon it. It took her 8 hours for a normally 30 minute drive.

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I go to work in the afternoon, and was called before noon to not come in. We had snow starting at eight this morning, it's been nasty. I made soup for DH and me. I made a dry soup mix that is layered and very colorful, in a pint jar and uses mushroom broth. I made six of these for gifts, I thought it would be nice to see how it actually tasted.
Thank goodness it was very good. Pretty is nice, but tasty is essential. I also tried out a white gingerbread recipe, dry ginger, fresh ginger and candied ginger, not bad. It's nice to get some unexpected time off and to do things I haven't had time for.
Gee, now what do I do for the Nor'easter this weekend?

charmsdad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We got a little drizzle late this afternoon, but it hit 80 today so not to worried about a blizzard. Next week is supposed to be back to "normal" temperatures for this time of year (highs ~50 lows ~30).