Cosmo was acting "manly"...

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought if a little guy lost his "special purpose" at an early age, they wouldn't have the "urge to merge"!
Imagine my surprise when I walked into the kitchen and saw my sweet, little Cosmo, straddling Sophie - who was (seemingly) unaware of his intentions. Well, after all, she was eating her "secondsies" breakfast, so that was what was on her mind! I picked up my little muffin man and hugged him and told him what a sweet boy he was
and to leave Sophie alone! I must say though, I was a little surprised!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cat Sage does that to some of our girly cats too...
When you said "urge to merge". That cracked me up
Thats a good one!

pikate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol "urge to merge..." Love it. My neutered little man Alex does that to Evie sometimes, too. Kind of odd, I thought.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does that mean that male cats think with their minds and not with their genitals?
(No offense to our human guys!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Does that mean that male cats think with their minds and not with their genitals?
(No offense to our human guys!)
Or it means that male cats are just silly little creatures, and boys just want to have fun!!!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they do it sometimes to try to tell the other cat they're in charge. Dogs do it for dominance, so maybe cats do, too.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spooky Bear will do that too... but only to the boy cats, and only when they're asleep. He's the most submissive cat here, so maybe he's just attempting to be dominant but isn't brave enough to challenge them when they're awake?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

I think they do it sometimes to try to tell the other cat they're in charge. Dogs do it for dominance, so maybe cats do, too.

Originally Posted by bnwalker2

Spooky Bear will do that too... but only to the boy cats, and only when they're asleep. He's the most submissive cat here, so maybe he's just attempting to be dominant but isn't brave enough to challenge them when they're awake?
Chip does this, but only to Pixel... he doesn't try it with any of the other 3 girls

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elliott has never tried it with one of his Sisters, he seems to prefer the down comforter on our bed.
He's a very confused little man

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My 2 girls live in a house with up to 10 boys at any given time. They would never, ever, ever in their lives allow one of the boys to do that to them. On the other hand, the boys sometimes show their dominance with each other.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother has a cat named Soot, they have one unfixed female at the time but Soot lost his manly parts years ago, anywho, everytime she goes into heat he assumes the position and he looks all angry about it like he's doing it just to shut her up! Its hilarious!! He never does it any other time so its a hoot!!

The "urge to merge" Is a good one! I might borrow it from ya sometime!!