Healthier food that he will eat.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Jordan is holding on, but he is currently eating only FF medolies. The vet agrees if that is all he will let him eat it. That being said his cholestorol is high. I'd like to try & get him to eat something that is at least a little healthier for him. Does anyone have any ideas of foods I can try that a sick cat will eat, but will be a little better for him? (I have also found a vitamin supplement I like for him that I give him every day too)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
does he eat the green stuff in the FF ???

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I had some suggestions. Raven wants only the fancy feast or friskies wet.
I give him what he wants since he'll eat regularly with it. Lately he's decided he only likes the White Meat Chicken Florentine of the medleys.
I stopped buying any more than the occasional FF Medley because of that. He likes regular FF this week.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My guys can't seem to tell the difference between regular FF cans, FF Medleys, & AvoDerm cans(the 3 oz size, of course).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

does he eat the green stuff in the FF ???
Oh Yes, when it comes to the medolies he licks the plate clean.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Then try some of the veggie containing premiums .... max cat, avoderm, by nature

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Then try some of the veggie containing premiums .... max cat, avoderm, by nature
Thanks for the suggestion. We tried some Max Cat pouch food last night & he loved it. I have to go back to the pet store now, but it makes me feel better if he is at least eating one healthy meal a day. When I started feeding the FF, I was told the vets were sure he had lymphoma & wouldn't live very long. Now 6 months later the vets have no idea what is wrong with him, but don't think it's Lymphoma anymore.
So I willfeel better with him eating some healthy food.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he's feeling a lot better. Not only is he eating the Nutro pouches at night, but he's back to waking me up at midnight and eating another 1/8 cup of dry food. I do wonder what this is, but I just can't put him through surgeory.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad the Max is working, I was going to suggest that because most cats seem to really like it. Chloe goes crazy for Nutro Max pouches (I haven't given them to Mattie yet).

I was also going to suggest Meow Mix cups, I'd rather feed that than Fancy Feast.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking about the Meow Mix cups, but since the nutro pouches are way cheaper, I'll stick with those until he stops eating them.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried a wellness pouch last night & he at that too. He's also been eating some dry food again. I think with the wet food the pouches & shreeded type are easier for him to eat. I don't know if they digest better, or if they upset his stomach less?