what new DVD's have you gotten?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i was just looking around for a couple of more gifts and came accross

the complete monty python's flying circus & the complete
Black Adder for 50 dollars each. i had to buy them

couple of weeks ago i saw them for 99 dollars each in the video store. i thought that was to much. 50? that is much better price.

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Roman is the movie freak in our house. He always buys movies, and i hardly ever watch them. I think the last one he bought was Army of Darkness. As for myself i cant remember the last one i bought for myself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I got the entire collection of The Twilight Zone today for my birthday!
i keep looking at those
i love the TZ,
but i dont think i would take watching more then a couple in a row

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got the new Harry Potter and the POTC for our Daughter for Christmas.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought Harry Potter and I'm waiting for The Simpsons Movie (I think it's next week!!)...just borrowed season 1 & 2 of The Tick from my sister and the new Futurama movie (something about Bender??)

Might be snowed in this weekend to watch them too

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

The latest Harry Potter which i can't wait to watch
I bought that last night. The only other movies I have recently bought are Transformers and Knocked Up. I am planning on buying the Simpsons movie next week and if I don't get it for Christmas I am buying Superbad.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought Neil the PBS series The War by Ken Burns. I got a good price as I had a 50% off coupon at Barnes and Noble plus the 10% member discount so it was $140 I paid $60!!
Today I'm hopefully picking up the BBC series on Planet Earth (another coupon!!)

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got 300 and The Deaprted on sale at Giant Eagle for only 7.95! I couldn't believe it as both of them are new releases

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The newest DVDs that we got are Transformers & Blades of Glory

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Watched Transformers over Thanksgiving (bil bought it). I didn't really like it- thought it was kind of dumb

Bought Hairspray for the girls for Christmas. 13 year old loved it, 10 year old hasn't gotten a chance to see it yet. I think we'll get Harry. And the other movie I'm dreading getting (but have to b/c the kids LOVE it) is HSM 2.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a crazy person and went out the day after Thanksgiving to Circuit City to buy DVDs. At Target I got Blood Diamond and The Christmas Story for 5.95 each. Then I went on to Circuit City and got The Constant Gardener, LA Confidential and The Family Stone for 2.98 each - wow! Fredomland from Big Lots for $2.
But, my most recent purchase was Love, Actually which I finally found for my SS. (And very hard to find) It is one of my all time favorite movies. It is a comedy/love story and it sort of centers around Christmas. I love this movie and watch it several times a year - I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys an ensemble cast and a happy ending!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only been buying because i got coupons or gift cards...

so at Borders (because I had a two day sale 40% off one DVD purchase coupon) I bought the Stargate Atlantis Season Two set (has the episode Duet, which was hilarious), and then Tuesday I got the latest Harry Potter DVD and the Firefly box set. One of my jobs gives out $50 gift cards each Thanksgiving and Christmas (one each holiday, per employee) to a local store called Fred Meyer. It's half grocery (supermarket type, so large) and half dry goods like hardware, clothes, electronics, housewares, toys, etc... they even have a small nice jewelry store inside the main store... so I spent my Christmas gift card on the DVD's... they had a special for the Harry Potter DVD... you got a free t-shirt with it...

Now, I usually hit the local rental places for 'previously viewed' DVD's... they usually have specials... but my last run through the stores was over a month ago...

Amanda

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got (as a gift) one DVD of old musicals and another of musical excerpts seen on Ed Sullivan Show!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The last two I bought were the latest Harry Potter, and "The Departed". I haven't watched the latter yet, as I'm only about halfway through all six seasons of "Third Watch", which I got several months ago.
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

But, my most recent purchase was Love, Actually which I finally found for my SS. (And very hard to find) It is one of my all time favorite movies. It is a comedy/love story and it sort of centers around Christmas. I love this movie and watch it several times a year - I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys an ensemble cast and a happy ending!
You just gave me an idea. I've got the DVD, and one of my classes has requested that they watch a movie in English next week, but "nothing depressing" (okay, so maybe "Black Hawk Down", "Hotel Rwanda", "Mississippi Burning", "Mystic River", and episodes of "Law & Order: SVU" are depressing).

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I haven't watched the latter yet, as I'm only about halfway through all six seasons of "Third Watch", which I got several months ago.
OMG Third Watch is on DVD?! I absolutely loved that show!

Let's see. For DVDs we've bought. Boyfriend bought Pirates 3 on Blu-ray since I got him a PS3 for Christmas. And I bought Pirates 1 and 2 for him for Christmas. I think that's about it. We have a huge collection of movies, but we havent been buying much recently. I really want Night at the Museum, Superbad, and Nanny Diaries. Those were all really good.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So, this little independent video store around here is going out of business, so they've been selling their dvd's for like, $6. Jess and I went in a little while ago and got Better Than Chocolate, Driving Lessons, Adaptation, Team America: World Police, March of the Penguins, and Once Upon a Time in Mexico. Nothing new, but plenty to keep us occupied during this storm!

We also just bought seasons 1 and 2 of The L Word on dvd... we're already through season 1, and we've started season 2 already

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I recently bought the last Pirates of the Caribbean DVD. I plan on watching it on New Years Eve.
Yup, I just got that one to to complete the set, and we got the set of Six Feet Under for my DH. I already had my set of OZ, now I just need to find time to sit and watch it all from the beginning!
I can't wait for the new year!