Your Cats Issues and Problems

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
This thread is for issues found in using the Your Cats pages so they can be brought to the attention of the admins.

Problem:
When you receive a friend add request, the "Confirm this request" link works, but the link to the users profile gives you a "page not found" error.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by cata_mint

I'm in Ocean Mew and find that the banner ads overlap the Your cats drop down menu, making it hard to see. Apologies if this has already been covered.
No apologies needed.

Wish list item: The ability to order the cat pages, especially since we've limited the number of thumbnails.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If we can have a wishlist, it would be great, if possible, if we could have an add all as friends. Each time someone adds mine I get 5 PMs that take a while to go through and fill up the inbox fairly quickly, especially for those that don't have bigger PM boxes

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

If we can have a wishlist, it would be great, if possible, if we could have an add all as friends. Each time someone adds mine I get 5 PMs that take a while to go through and fill up the inbox fairly quickly, especially for those that don't have bigger PM boxes
That would be nice. I was shocked to see we get a PM for each one. My box filled quickly yesterday with 7 kitties

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do I change out pictures? I found a better one of Luna, but each time I browse to it and "save" the old image does not go away.

thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

How do I change out pictures? I found a better one of Luna, but each time I browse to it and "save" the old image does not go away.

thanks!
Try to refresh your page. If that doesn't work, clear out your browser's cache and log back in again.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Try to refresh your page. If that doesn't work, clear out your browser's cache and log back in again.
Oh wait, I see it now! Thanks!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If someone has two pages of cat pages, when I click on the 2nd page it shows my cats instead.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone having problems with picture size? When I added all of mine they were the same size, but two showed up big and one was small??? I messed around with Leya's page so her picture wasn't so big, but now it's still kind of weird. Lots of white background unlike Enzo's (I still haven't resized Stuart's).

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering the same thing: what are the restrictions on file size and/or image size? I got a "file too big" alert when I tried to upload my first picture.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Anyone having problems with picture size? When I added all of mine they were the same size, but two showed up big and one was small??? I messed around with Leya's page so her picture wasn't so big, but now it's still kind of weird. Lots of white background unlike Enzo's (I still haven't resized Stuart's).
I had to go back and compress my cat photos over and over again until I had them compressed to under 30K as a jpeg before it would accept my photo. All that would show up is the black silhouette of a cat until I did that. I can remember there was this same 30K restriction for signatures or so it seems. I was going to use this question as my first KatKwiz question of 2008, but have not found where it is stated..........yet!

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Second menu item from the left on the menu bar up above is labelled "Your Cats" and it opens up into a photo gallery called "Cat Pages" where members can assemble a group of their cat photos for other members to view.

ETA - when you start your gallery, thumbnails of your cat photos appear next to your screen name. People can click on them to go directly to your gallery.However, I'm a little puzzled about mine, as I never got to upload even the first photo. Maybe that's the reason there's just a silhouette.

It's really a neat feature but still has some glitches, I think.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

. I can remember there was this same 30K restriction for signatures or so it seems.
That's way too small for a photo gallery. There must be something not set right.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It actually says the maximum image size is 200 KB, but I'm using an image that's just 14 KB, and a little over 250 x 250 pixels.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently it's only the 200kb file size that's limiting because I was able to upload pics of image sizes over 640x480 so long as they were less than 200kb. However, I wasn't able to upload a file over 200kb even if the image size was under 640x480. Not sure why the one poster couldn't upload until they were under 30kb.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

Apparently it's only the 200kb file size that's limiting because I was able to upload pics of image sizes over 640x480 so long as they were less than 200kb. However, I wasn't able to upload a file over 200kb even if the image size was under 640x480. Not sure why the one poster couldn't upload until they were under 30kb.
There are still some kinks in the Cat Pages. One mod who has been testing them since they were introduced can't display any images. The "Recently Created Cat Pages" feature has been "stuck" for a while, but new pages are showing up under "Recently Updated".